Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on Outgoing Twinned Calls SIP Trunks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevykevg

Technical User
Jun 5, 2006
US
I am having an issue with outgoing caller ID on SIP trunks when an internal party dials another internal party who is twinned the caller ID that shows up on the twinned device only show the 3 digit extension number or "private number" but system traces only show the ext@xx.xx.xx.xx being sent. Twinning works fine for all other outside callers calling in and being twinned as I am getting a full 10 digits. Is there any way that I can fix it so I can either pull in the incoming call route information as a PRI does or a way to adjust the SIP setting to accomplish this. All other aspects on the SIP trunks work fine, just this one issue.

I havent tried this but have you tried to set the SIP number on the SIP tab of the user.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I am not using "Use Internal Data" on the SIP URI so the user SIP tab is not available.

I cannot seem to get it to do this.
In the SIP URI I am assuming you have put in the number you wish to display for the outbound calls.

Are you willing to send over the config to my email?
Remove any data you feel to protect the customer.

Local URI *
Contact *
Display Name *
PAI None

I am using wild cards for my SIP URI. It works for everything except for the issue I am having. I am using ARS to control caller ID for outbound caller which works fine.

Sorry but cant send config.

Add an extra URI, put it on Use User Data. Give it a new outgoing group ID that is not used before. Then goto the users SIP tab enter the number you need to send in all 3 (Local URI, Contact, Display Name)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

If you are using wild cards in the SIP URI it would display the pass through caller ID from the person calling the system when original caller ID is ticked.

can you explain how the ARS is setup, short codes etc

@YorkshireMatt

Wildards are only for incomming and not outgoing. It sends ext@xx.xx.xx.xx there is no other place the on the Users SIP tab to change it, to see the sip tab add an URI with Use User data.

Avaya_Red.gif

BAS1234...Tried that did not work. It send Private Number as only the 3 digits are sent out or it will send out twinned parties number.

Matt...
as far as ARS I have tried several different ARS shortcodes
If using n;,dial,Nsi2401112E and the person internal extension is 333 it will show on the twinned device 2401112333, FROM is showing in trace as 2401112333@xx.xx.xx.xx

If using N;,dial,N the number comes out as Private Number, FROM is showing in trace as 333@xx.xx.xx.xx

you cant use si with SIP. you need URI's to do it. you could try setting up a URI with use internal data and then another ARS group for your Twinning to go through and set the users full number on the SIP tab and see if it helps.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Try the SC

Code: N;
Feat: Dial
TelN: .SS

Or

Code: N;
Feat: Dial
TelN: NS2401112E

Avaya_Red.gif

Sorry back to basics,

When you say
"Twinning works fine for all other outside callers calling in and being twinned as I am getting a full 10 digits"

Are you saying when a call comes into the system then is routed through twinning profile to the end users mobile it displays the office number or the calling customers number?

Short codes are different for SIP

It displays the calling customers number YorkshireMatt

Bas1234, tried both same result.

I will set up a system tomorrow and have a look at some point.

Normally you either pass all original caller ID, user or external using *

Or

The caller ID can be set per user using SIP URI internal Data then user creds SIP tab

Or

Set up the SIP URI with the number you want to display.

As I say I will have a play tomorrow see what the outcome is.

kevykevg,

If you on R8, you need to be on 8.0.42 for the below to work as all previous versions of R8 had a bug:

Local URI: *
Display Name: *
PAI: Use Internal Data

With PAI set to "Use Internal Data" you then see the SIP tab for each user. Put in the 10 digit phone number you want displayed in all three fields of the user's SIP tab.

DavidCT, tried that it does not send the number, still only get the three digit extension number.

Kevykevg,

Just tested and found same results as you. If you are using an Avaya approved SIP provider, you can open a case. If not, then maybe someone else can offer suggestions.

One thing you can try, if you are sending the same caller ID for all your extensions is the Ns setting in your ARS table. Someone mentioned this does not work for SIP, but I verified on an R8 system it does work, but not with the "E" variable. You would need to enter the entire phone number you want to send. Example: Ns2125551212.

It only works with some SIP providers, in the same way adding a W will not work with some but it will with others :)

Well it looks like I am going to have to use Use Internal Data to get all of this work. I was just hoping to avoid having to fill out all of the SIP User data for all of these people. Thank you all for your input.

So did you use the 'Use Internal Data' and what version of R8 to get this to work.

We just Upgraded to R8 Last night and the Avaya Partner upgraded us form R5 to R8.0(18)! 18?!?!? (44) has been out a Week now! (-;

We have the Same situation as you, though the numbers coming through are typically just the Last two Digits of the User's Extension. Here and there we will get 3 digits, 1 Digit, or None (UNKNOW).

I've just downloaded R8.0(44) and will get it installed in our next maintenance window.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back