Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller Id on old 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badphoneman

Technical User
Oct 17, 2008
US
We have a 4.1 3300 that is not displaying caller id on loop start trunks, they are on a ASU. When I turn ani on in the cos for the trunks the call will ring 4-5 times before the system rings the phone. Which is a symptom of the 3300 not recognizing the clid, but the ani is present. Second there is not a ani option in the ckt descriptor. Any thoughts???

The option you have enabled is not designed/required for analog trunks. It is for Digital Trunks only. It will cause delayed ring when enabled (usually 1-2 ring cycles not 4 or 5)

Other than that, I can't help you. I've never enabled CLI on analog.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I do not believe that CLI is supported on the original ASU. Needs to be an ASUII or the embedded cards in a MXe/CX/CXi

I thought that maybe the case too, I did find in some newer docs that clid was supported on an ASU. But that was a different software load. I think I've about tried everything I can think of at this point.

You do need the ANI option in the Analog COS turned on. This causes the software to "wait' for CLID which is delivered between the ring cycles. This will delay the call ringing through to the phone. This delay is normal for receiving CLID on Analog trunks.

I tried that and the system acts like it never sees the cli and it delays the ring about 4-5 rings. The way I understand it to work it should cut the call thru as soon as it hears the ani. We get the ani but the 3300 acts as if it never heard it.

SXWizard, We should be more specific.

RE:COS option - ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk

This option is NOT designed for analog trunks. It will cause the issue that badphoneman is describing.

Notice it does not mention CLASS functionality.

From a Mitel Tech Bulletin:

Description/Symptoms
Ring is not heard immediately when external phone calls on LS trunk

Body/Solutions
Background:
An external phone that is connected to the LS trunk rings four times before the receiving phone rings. When the class of service option ANI/DNIS/ISDN Number Delivery Trunk is enabled, the system waits for the ANI information before making the phone ring. If ANI is not provided, the phone will not ring immediately.

Solution:
In the COS, disable ANI/DNIS/ISDNNumber Delivery Trunk

SXwizard, My info was based on what I was told by Mitel tech support directly.

Documentation trumps word of mouth though. I stand corrected.

Try the way below

1. delete the ons card
2. recreate the ons card
3. add the ons device

remeber not change the user configuration form,you can change the device'cos and cor at stataion service assignment form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back