Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID on forward calls 11.0.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barahm

Technical User
Jan 3, 2019
CA
Hello,
I have recently upgraded Avaya IPO from 10.1 to 11.0.4.2. I have an issue with the Caller ID for forwarded calls. CLID is showing Anonymous instead of the original caller.

Here is the scenario: Ext 780 is an extension configured with unconditional forwarding to an external number, so under the forwarding tab I have the short code *6 and the external number. *6N is using a SIP line and the attached URI details (Internal data), the same URI worked fine with 11.0.2 and 10.1 version

Under the SIP tab of the user 780 I have a valid 10 digits external number so I can use Internal data in my SIP URI.

If I call from my cell to the company main number and then dial 780 which is forwarded to another number, The called party receives "Anonymous" instead of my cell no.

Here below is what IPO is sending in the INVITE.

Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 207.189.209.91:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK1d75a86b2c85db55afa57a0c1b4e34bc
From: "Anonymous" <sip:anonymous@anonymous.invalid>;tag=955e16035156f636

How can I send the caller no. instead of Anonymous?

My URI is using Internal data in the contact and the URI.

The same URI works fine if I use twinning instead of forwarding!!

If I change the local URI from Internal data to a valid 10 digits number (Explicit), the caller ID works but then extension to extension call doesn't go through if the called extension is forwarded.

have you seen this post?

it basically says this

Other post said:
Change the PAI fields for “forwarding/twinning” to original caller.
Remove diversion header.
On your ARS, use Nsxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxxxx is your regular office caller ID.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back