Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID not working on new 8.0 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdad

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Hello to all:

Just recently upgraded a customer with an IPO 500v2 system to 8.0.

This system was upgraded from version 6.1 and I obtained the small user upgrade license as their are only 6 extensions in use on this system.

The problem is the Caller ID has stopped working.

It worked before the upgrade, but not after.

All 4 POTS lines are programmed for Loop Start ICLID and the phone company is providing the caller ID service.

Has anyone ran into this before?

Is it possible I have some sort of hardware mismatch with the Trunk daughter card and the new software?

Everything else seems to work fine.

Any thoughts?

THANKS!!!!

Don't give Avaya stupid idea's :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

just got notice that I have no remote access to the site any more until I have a web meeting tomorrow morning, so we need to wait a little bit longer for the result if my new config works.
just built the whole thing in about 3 hours and my eyes are going nuts staring in the screens.

Will report back as soon as I have a result, can't wait as I am really curious if this will solve my problem.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Just a quick bit of info that I received from Avaya. I lost my call display on a 7.0(31) system after I tuned my lines. I was using Manager 7.0(27) on my laptop. They told me that the issue was because I was not running the most current version of manager.
Told me that I would have to reformatt the SD card after I get the proper release 7.0(31) on my laptop.

That sounds as bollocs to me but you can try it.
I only think it won't do anything at all

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

OK here is the scoop from me

rebuilt the configuration as an offline config and could not upload it because I am on 8.1 trial version. AHHHHHHHH I could have slapped myself [sadeyes]

so I did what Htnut suggested and set the gain to -0.5 DB and magically the caller ID started working.

I gave you a star in the other thread Htnut that was great advise and good testing.

I will open a ticket with Avaya on Monday or Tuesday depending on how my install on Monday is going for that.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Westi:

I tried your suggestion and it works!

I am running an 8.0(42)

Set all four POTS lines to -0.5dB and the caller ID works!

This info needs to be passed on to Avaya somehow.

THANKS!!!!

Htnut came up with that, give him a star if you feel it helped.

Cheers

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

I have the same issue on my Demo R8 system currently running 7.0.31 because an Essential license was not included on the CD and I have to apply for one.

I've followed all of the suggestions here but still no joy on an Australian profile system.

Two interesting points:

- The default caller ID scheme is set to V23 although Bell 202 is the defacto standard here.
- The default gain for both A->D and D->A is 6db which seems high and results in some clipping when using the normal gain setting on a Cisco SPA122. I've noticed that the value is not always displayed either and in setting it to -0.5 it made the value 5.5dB not -0.5. I had to use -6.5 to get -0.5 on all lines and again this value was not always displayed.

I did notice the caller ID wasn't working on an R8 (8.0.18) system I installed a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't aware of the caller ID scheme setting so it's probably set to V23 and I'm not 100% sure the lines have caller ID on them. I do need to set the gain down a bit because they also have clipping using Cisco SPA2102's so I'll try the suggested procedure on this one.

I am using the latest version of Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back