Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxit

MIS
Jul 20, 2007
US
I have a CCM 4.2 with a ISDN PRI protocol of NI2. Incoming calls are only displaying the number calling and not the name. Is there a way to get the caller name to display as well?

I know this might be an obvious question, but have you verified that the CO is sending Name and Number?

Calls coming to our "A" location to our LD and Local PRI's are sent with Name and Number ID... Calls coming to our "B" location LD and Local PRI's are only being sent with number ID.

This means that my users always see the number, but only see the name if the call came in our "B" location.

I hope that helps!!

SaraVN
Cisco Unified Call Manager 4.2
Cisco Unity Connection 1.2
Blackberry Enterprise Server 4.1

Thanks for the reply. The CO syas they are sending name, however, when I run a debug isdn q931 I still only see the number coming in. I am using a Cisco 3745 router with a NM-HDV2-2T1/E1. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt something else I was missing. We are using MGCP as well. I can only still assume they are not yet sending the Display IE although they say they are.

Do you have NI2 set on the router and gateway?

digits received? Just a quick few thoughts...

“Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Tek-TIP Member 19,650
[americanflag]

Are you using PRI's? Often the Central Office has control over what they send. Sometimes they can't send the name and/or number because of limitations in their equipment. Sometimes the number is sent automatically but you have to pay extra to get the name sent too. That's how it works here in SW Florida.

If you don't see the name in the debug ISDN q931 messages, I'd say you aren't getting it from the CO. You should see it there.

pondscum is correct... but call the CO, they may or may not be able to provide this info.

I was able to get Quest to pass the info with a simple call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back