Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID - MICS 7 to MICS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlkerby

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2006
HT
I have 2 sites with Norstar and MICS 7.1 that are interconnected with PRI-SL1. Site A has DN 2XXX and
site B 3XXX. When I call from site A to site B the extension that shows up in site B is H2XXX and from site B to A the revese H3XXX. Is there a way to have it show the name instead of HXXXX.

Did you program business name, OLI, send name?

Here is an excerpt:

Profiles 1 and 4, PRI: The Send Name Display feature
allows you to specify if you want the business name and
OLI to be transmitted over specific PRI lines. This setting
appears for PRI cards set to SL1, NI-2, DMS100, or
DMS250 protocols.

The 2 sites are for the same company and are connected via fiber thru the DTI-PRI and it's configured PRI-SL1. Do I still have to configure the business name?

you may configure something like LOCA1, LOCA2

This is an example of what I want: If a have a set extension 2253 with name Jane in site A that calls an extension in site B, I want Jane to appear as a caller ID in site B instead of H2253. If I program a business name, the business name will nshow up and not the extension name.

I know over VoIP trunks, if you make an entry in Business Name, it will send the Business Name, followed by the set name. I would think it should work the same on P-P PRI with MCDN keycode.

Only the business name showed when I did that

i've been thru this with bcm's and i was able to have the business name and the set name also but if i'm not mistaken i had to set the send name display to "n" for it to show the set name. i know that sounds wrong but i was never able to get it to show else wise but i can be done...good luck

mlkerby,

I am lookind at doing the same thing with 2 sites. I have fiber running between but the DTI modules are not fiber. What kind of media converter are you using between the DTI card and the fiber?

Thanks.

lcs226,

I'm using at each end transition Networks T1/E1 TP to Fiber Media Converter (SSDTF1011-100)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back