Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcs82a

Technical User
Jul 24, 2009
US
we just upgraded from CM5.2 to CM7.0 on a virtual environment. Now my local trunk will not send Caller ID info to cell phones.

if I make a call from my desk phone directly to a cell it will show "Unknown".
if I make a call from my desk phone to another desk phone that has EC500 turned on, it will show "Unknown".
I have had our Avaya vendor comb thru this with no result.
the local provider COX is stating that the caller ID has not been changed and is pushing what we want.

these cell phones are work cell phones with a Verizon provider.
oddly enough... a hand full of us have no issue with caller ID.

You need to look at multiple things, unless some configurations have been changed after migration.

Try taking some traces for both scenarios, where you are sending the Caller ID and where you are not sending it, compare it and you might get to the cause.

As informed by Joe, you need to make sure your public unknown numbering is populated.

Thanks
Ganti

had to adjust ARS table to "natl" for local and long distance trucks. this is for CM7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back