Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID (incoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2theroy

Technical User
Apr 8, 2010
CA
What are the steps in activating/turning on caller ID. Is there a setting that needs to be changed in a certain LD if so where do I start?
I'm using a universal trunk card. (option 11)
incoming calls only show my ACOD

t2theroy

Caller ID has to be sent to you by your local telco, if they aren't sending it nothing you can do to fix it. You can plug your line into an analog phone with a caller id display and see if it shows anything. If it does we may be able to find a way to get it displayed on your sets, but verify you are receiving it first

Thanks,

Buddy

We do have caller id from our provider.
Right now I have the analog set, setup before the pbx so I can see caller id coming in.
Only thing set on pbx is digital phones (showing only ACOD when call comes in,calling out it shows caller ID no problem)
So you mean add a analog phone to pbx and see if caller id shows on incoming? (I will add a analog set shortly and check)

thanks
t2theroy

Universal trunk cards do not support CLID. Have to have a PRI.

I'm a newbie to all this, I've been able to set the system up using the universal trunk card and every ones help from here.
Should I have set this up on a different trunk card or differently altogether, is this something I can do or is this something that needs to be set up VIA my telephone provider? Prefer to be able to do this on my own even if I need to buy another card (if so what card).
Below is the cards I have in this system.

Card inventory:
30 3 2010 13 56 43, 30 3 2010 13 57 11, 16
TMDI, 2, NTRB21AC 01 NNTM5009RW0S
CONF, 29, <Unavailable>
CONF, 30, <Unavailable>
CONF, 31, <Unavailable>
CONF, 62, <Unavailable>
XCT-TDS/MF, 63, <Unavailable>
CONF, 94, <Unavailable>
CONF, 95, <Unavailable>
DTR , 00, <Unavailable>
DLC , 03, NT8D02GA 07 NNTM60GHX7FJ 0000
DLC , 04, NTDK16BA 01 NNTML6005TK8 0000
DLC , 05, NTDK16BA 01 NNTML6005TK8 0000
DLC , 06, NTDK16BA 01 NNTML6005TK8 0000
XUT , 07, NT8D14BB 16 NNTM60GL8RT60000000
500 , 08, NT8D09BA 05 NNTM60GKUC3P 0000
DLC , 09, <Unavailable>

Thanks
t2theroy

Is that TMDI card in slot 2 being used? If not, have your provider bring in a PRI and use that card. Then you can get CLID.

TMDI is not used (was used by the company we got it from)
So if there is no way I can do this myself.
What is it that I am going to ask my provider for? Just so it kinda sounds like I know what I'm talking about...
Is it a one time charge or monthly charge?
Just not looking to spend alot of money on this system as we may try to get by for the next year or so and move to the ip systems.

thanks
t2theroy

should be approx 3-500 to install, 800 to 1200 a month. whether you move to IP or not you will need a data circuit or PRI...

Mato' Was'aka

Thanks very much for the reply's.
We are a small company (only 2 lines)and don't want a large phone bill.
Just thought there may of been a setting or even a different truck card that could be bought.
Some google searching gave me nt5b18aaaa may or may not be what I'm looking for but will read up.

thanks
t2theroy

If you only have 2 lines and dont waht to spend a lot of money, I would sugest getting rid of that phone system and invest in a small Nortel Norstar CICS, or MICS depending on how you see your bussiness growing and featuresthat you might want to use. this small machines have CID cards. for them.
you can get a very good unit on the secondary market for next to nothing and it will save money and time.
I had one installed programmed it came w1th a voicemail and 6 phones for $1200.
new from one of the big guys in the biz they wanted close to 4k for it.

I won't mind spending money later down the road. Just that we were given a system with 40 digital phones along with the attendant console. The other company changed there system.
This option 11 with callpilot and phones were no longer any use to them. (hard drive is crashed is it)
This has been more less a small project for me, just thought there may have been a work around of some sort to get the caller id working on incoming calls. Or a card that i could add to the system.

thanks
t2theroy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back