Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caller ID display on Hicom 300 system. Duration of time that caller ID is displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomsal

Technical User
Jul 12, 2012
US
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default time that the ANI information is displayed on an incoming PRI call to an optiset. It currently displays for about 5 seconds and then changes to timer of call duration. Not sure how to change it to leave the ANI information for the entire duration of the call. Thanks for any information on this question.

Just a guess, not tried it, what is DISDEL set to (display delete).

Moriendi,
I am working on a mod 30 9006 software. The system does not recognize that command. I have tried several different ways without any success. I also tried it under root and still no luck. I am trying to change the system to display the caller ID when an incoming call is answered on an opitset. Currently it displays the calling party number for about 10 seconds then changes to duration of call timer. I know this can be changed, But I just cant figure out how to change it. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Sal

DISDEL is in the DTIM1 amo, DIGITE
branch. But that’s Hicom 300. Likely something else for 9006. You should check all timers for a value that matches the number of seconds it takes for your display to change.

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to find it in TIMD1. Thanks for the assistance. I searched hi and low for this info. Thanks again.

Well it seems that the DISDEL had no change to the display on the optiset for the caller ID for this setting in TIMD1. I changed it to 9999 thinking it would display the caller ID for the entire length of any call. It turns out that the display of the caller ID still remained at 5 seconds. Is there another setting that needs to be changed with the DISDEL that works in conjunction? Any other ideas would be appreciated. Running out of time. Customer is getting impatient. Help.

Sal

What happens if you try 0 (Zero) or other variables ?

It will not allow me to change DISDEL to 0. I have tried several other values like 10, 15, 20. The caller ID remains on the display for 5 seconds and then the call duration timer kink in.

I figured it out. I changed the TIMD1 dd2nts from 5 to 9999 and that corrected the issue ANI number is now displayed past the 5 seconds. Interesting in the manual DD1NTS & DD2NTS have the identical description. but in the end, I have it fixed. Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Good work. DISDEL was a guess, for sure on H300 onwards it does control a function like that, but you’re never sure until you try it. And 9006 does its own thing anyway! Just looking for timers that match the value you are experiencing is often a good way to find the timer.

What was the description for that timer? Did it make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back