Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Callback - Mitel 3300 CXI - C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

majidjm

Programmer
Aug 4, 2010
Can anybody assist me to getting callback?
How can I get callback?

I've been struggling with this for quite a while now, but I've been able to connect to the PBX, set monitors on the phones, but I don't know how I can get the call backs from the phones.

I will appreciate you if you help me ASAP

If I am interpreting correctly, it sounds like you are trying to set a callback against a phone at the control level (Not using hardware). Why don't you give us the whole story instead of the piecemeal one.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi
Please let me say what I need. I have to develop an application which gets all event information from a Mitel 3300 CXI. I used SDK for connecting to Mitel 3300 and selected monitors on the phone. I wrote a wrapper round the whole MitelClient80.dll
By using wrapper I connected to PBX and set monitor a phone. But I don't know how I can set a callback for getting events in a period of time. For example, I need to know, who calls and to whom? how long do they speak and ... .
I will appreciate you if you help me about it

I think majidjm is referring to callbacks in the programming term (a function of his code will be called when something happens) rather than callbacks in the more literal Mitel/phone way...

majidjm,

I'm sorry to tell you that, but you need to take some programming classes. Callback is a pointer to some code located in memory which can be called using this reference. In C/C++ it is kind of simple, you assign this pointer to a variable and use it to call the procedure when you need to. The location of the code in the memory will not change while the program is running. Programmer needs to take care of memory management for all dynamicatly created items. In C# Java and similar systems there is a garbadge collector which will delete all unused objects and relocate other objects on the memory in order to avoid segmentation. The application requires less attention to memory management from the programmer. Here is a bump, when you use static pointers, you will supress normal functionality of the garbadge collector. There is a workaround for it. You can also google all additional information.

Hi
My problem is that I don't know what I have to set in this function except of callback:
int result = MitaiClient80.SXSetCallback(__arglist
(
Constants.SX_PBX_HANDLE, hPbxObject,
Constants.SX_CALLBACK_PROC, callback,
Constants.SX_CALLBACK_DATA_PTR,
null
)
);
I know I have to set a proceture here but I don't know what proceture I have to add?
I will appreciate you if you help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back