Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Waiting Not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teej0820

MIS
Nov 3, 2008
US
Having an issue figuring out what I'm doing wrong here.
CM 5.1. The Analog phone is actually an Aastra phone, model 9116LP. Here's the station config:
FEATURE OPTIONS
LWC Reception: spe
LWC Activation? y Coverage Msg Retrieval? y
LWC Log External Calls? n Auto Answer: none
CDR Privacy? n Data Restriction? n
Redirect Notification? y Call Waiting Indication: y
Per Button Ring Control? n Att. Call Waiting Indication: y
Bridged Call Alerting? n Distinctive Audible Alert? y
Switchhook Flash? y Adjunct Supervision? y
Ignore Rotary Digits? n
H.320 Conversion? n Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number?
Service Link Mode: as-needed
Multimedia Mode: basic Audible Message Waiting? y
MWI Served User Type: qsig-mwi

The COS is set to Data Privacy Y, but I've tried N and it still doesn't work. Any help wold be appreciated.

Does this line have a coverage path? How is the coverage path setup? Depending on how paths are setup, calls will go to cover paths before they will trigger call waiting.

You'd want a cover path that sends calls to coverage only if there's a "no answer" condition.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

We tried it with no coverage path and still got a busy on the second call. I also tried creating a coverage path that handled do not answer condition and i still got the busy on the second call. It's a thinker...

You'd definitely want to turn data privacy off. Data privacy blocks call waiting, intrusion tones, and all other forms of barge-in from the PBX.

Used a COS with Data Privacy set to N and had the station data restriction set to N. Still no dice. I'm glad you're verifying my troubleshooting. Sometimes I need a 2nd pair of eyes!

You would also want to check your trunk groups. If your trunk groups have data privacy turned on, you'll get the same block for incoming calls.

If you're testing internally, you'll want to turn off data privacy for the stations that are calling the one you want to have call-waiting.

If data privacy is turned on for any leg of the call to the Aastra station, you'll be blocked from call-waiting for any subsequent calls.

That was it! I had Data Privacy on the calling extensions! That was driving me crazy. Thank you very much.

Generally, I turn on data privacy only for fax and modem stations. It's not good to send them call-waiting tones, as that will interrupt data transfer.

Everyone else, it's turned off.

They wanted DP for all stations turned on so people couldnt pick up bridged appearances and they did not want the exclusion button since they were running out of space. It seems dialing a FAC is too much to do as well. Thanks for keeping me sane.

I am having the same issue with call-waiting, and have verified all of my settings are as detailed above. We have Aastra 9116 as well.
Call-waiting still does not work for us. I get the beep on the receiving end, but when i hit the flash, I get dial-tone, the call i am on goes to the MOH and the incoming caller still gets ringing and the beep on their end.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Got that, too. Had to use the CAS Remote Hold/Answer Hold-Unhold FAC to answer the call. (pg 1 of the disp fea)

Having a problem with SIP Trunks, If there has been no activity on the trunks for about 20 minutes, when a call comes in it rejected, if another call comes in right after it completes and a other incoming calls complete, this was picked up during implementation, first call in the morning will not complete, after that all calls will complete. It seem to be some sort of inactivity timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back