Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Transfer Problem on Avaya 1416 Phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasBill22

Technical User
Sep 30, 2013
JO
Hi ...

I have Avaya IPO 8.1, the VMPro answer the calls, when the customer press 0 going to the reception, the reception transfer the caller to the user he want to call, when the user is busy the caller listen to the MOH ( I Program on each user 2 call appearence and on telephony check the reserve last call appearence), the preoblem is that when the second call arrive to the reception via VMPro and want to transfer to a specified user when the reception press to the transfer button the call directly connected to the callerv waiting t on Hold. ( it seems that the two outside callers connected to each like coference.
How I can Solve this ???

Thanks

She will need a third appearance key for handling 2 calls at once :)

Hi ...

The Receptioniest has a 6 call appeareance .

Thanks

I remember reading about this before about a year ago. On tek-tips. Can't find it now.

This is the closest I could find:
Are you sure it's not operator error? (As in have you physically watched reception press transfer?)

Global IP Office Technical Tip (reckon it's a made up number)
150: Conference Button Will Conference All Calls on Hold
*Release Date: 18 August 2006
Following feedback from the field, Avaya would like to clarify the use of the conference button in the IP Office telephone system.

Avaya has designed the conference button on all IP Office supported telephones so that when it is pressed, all calls on hold will be conferenced together.

Typical Scenario:

1. Ext 100 presses the first call appearance and calls Ext 101.
2. Ext 101 answers the call.
3. Ext 100 presses the hold button (putting the call with Ext 101 on CA 1 on hold).
4. Ext 100 presses the second call appearance and calls Ext 102.
5. Ext 102 answers the call.
6. Ext 100 presses the hold button (putting the call with Ext 102 on CA 2 on hold).
7. Ext 100 presses the Conference button and is now on a three-way conference call with Ext 101 and Ext 102.

Firewall Schmirewall

Hi ...

I test it and press the transfer buttons, when press transfer joins two calls together.

IP Guru: This used to happen with alog lines on a combo card.... tried knocking it back to .67?
Recreate SD card will keep it at bay for a while but it will come back. Investigate replacing the combo card/ATM with prejudice.
thread940-1714141

Firewall Schmirewall

1: Combo card/ATM
2: Check earthing
3: Make sure sent config has NO errors
4: Recreate/ replace SD
5: Replace control unit

Firewall Schmirewall

Options:

1: See what's going on in Monitor. If you can't do this get a trained tech in.
2:Upgrade to 8.1.85?
3: Check earthing?
4: Check you're using the right cable for expansion modules
5: Make sure sent config has NO errors
6: Any VCMs?
7: Recreate/ replace SD?
8: Replace PRI?
9: Replace control unit?

Keep us updated as to the solution.

Firewall Schmirewall

Jut turn on One Touch transfer, that should sort it out as she won't need the transfer button :)

Hi amriddle01 ...

I dont understand ???
Can you Explain More ???

Hi ...

Is there any Updates ???
I dont Know how to solve it ???
its a strange case ???

You know, there is a search function on this forum, almost at the top.
Try that with "One Touch transfer" + Enter
(The first post you see has the solution, by Tlpeter).

That said, I believe this is your issue....

Your customer is pressing Transfer + "user" button, picking up an already alerting call on that User, merging it with the 2nd caller.

Solution 1:
Convert the "User" buttons to "Dial" buttons. You won't be able to see the status of the user, but the merging will disappear.

Solution 2:
Convert the DDI to point at a "personal" hunt groups for the busy ones. Add the User extn to it. Now they can have as many as they want lined up in a queue. Keep in mind that the transfer return does not work for this, so use overflow to send them back to the receptionist.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hello all ...

I think I dontdescribe the problem clearly to you
Here is the Senario again ...
I have an IPO 8.1 and VMPro,on IPO All users have 2 call appearence and restrict LA checked, the REC have 6 call appeareance buttons.
on the VMPro I configure the option 0 to directly go to reception.
Now I have Caller A, Caller B, and IPO User C.
Assume that the user C have a Phone call and busy, the caller A call the company, the VMPro answer the call, the caller A press 0, the reception answer, the caller A wants to call the user C, the reception transfer caller A to User C, and because the user C is busy the caller A hear a MOH and waiting on the line.
Caller B now call the cmpany, connnect to the VMPRO and press 0, the reception answer, the caller B wants to call user D (for example).
when the reception press a transfer button, the caller B directly connected to caller A.

This is the problem in deatails.
Thank you All for your time to assist me.

Make an SSA continuous log containing a call with the issue, post it here, you'll have your answer quick enough I think :)

Dear amriddle01 ...

with Touch One Tranfer I need to program all the user on the buttons, so when the reception have a second call just press to the user button he want to call then transffered (as I understand) but I dont have an enough button for all users, am just program 6 call appearence on the reception phone.

Thanks

Buy more buttons then, DBM32 (700469968) + 1151xx power brick

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Or use softconsole (called receptionist now)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back