Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call status not workinganymore 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlpeter

Programmer
Dec 5, 2005
NL
did anyone have ever seen this ?
when starting call status i get the error Resource TMainForm not found
callstatus is allowed in virusscanner
no firewall on etc etc

deinstalled admin suite
deinstalled microsoft .net framework 2.0

installed admin suite again with microsoft .net framewordk 2.0

didn't work

Have you tried downloading the windowsupdates for .Net 2.0?

If it's Win 2003 you have to add it to the DEP exception list.

just my laptop with xp pro on it
what are DEP settings ?

found the DEP settings
changed it to allow callstatus but didn't work

i am also experiencing this same issue after loading the call manager in the 4.0 software. Did anyone find a solution yet?

i doesn't matter wich version but it started after going to 4.0.3
just for the info
i know call status is not supported anymore in 4.0 but it should work for older versions

I went back into the 4.0 Admin setup and deselected the call status option to remove the program. Then, using a 3.2 Admin CD, I only loaded only the Call Status software from that. I haven't had any issues with it working on 3.2 and earlier IPO's. Hope that helps.

this is the trick
why i don't know
it did work in 4.0 but suddnely it just stopped working
even when i installed 3.2 only it didn't work
i will investicate this further because it is a strange thing
star for you

Kewl that worked when i uninstalled then installed from 3.2.54. What are they using for 4.0 if its not supported anymore?

Callstatus is included for supposed compat with earlier releases, but apparently they put in a non-working callstatus. 4.0 uses SSA(System Status Application) looks nice from the Screenshots in the Tech Bulletin, lots more detail , but can only be ran by 2 users at a time. I wish they would've kept a basic call status application instead of changing to something for the whole shebang, sometimes there are times in an office environment(especially small office, like here) where callstatus is useful to some like the receptionist, but they don't need all the SSA info. from looking at the Screenshots it also looks like they dropped call steal from it..

I did some searching. Found if you go to the ADMIN4_0_5 folder, open Data1 Cabinet File, find the call status Application in there. (sort by type, should be first Application) That one works after you extract it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back