Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Routing (ARS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwies

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2003
US
I have a G-3 V6 switch, I have set up a new T-1 PRI. The new PRI is connected to SBC and will provide our local telephone service. We currently are using Nuvox for our local service. I currently have the new PRI up and running and all of our outbound local calls are going out on the new PRI. It was reported to me that when we call a number 367-xxxx we are getting a fast busy. I checked it out and found that to be true. I set up a new entry in the ARS table for 36 and pointed it to our Nuvox PRI. Now, the calls process as expected. I should note that before making the change to point the 36x-xxxx calls to Nuvox I made several calls and looked at each trunk group to see where the call was trying to go. I could not find the call on any trunk group. I believe our switch is returning the fast busy and not processing the call. Do any of you have any ideas where I should look?

Thanks,

Ron--

I would suggent you do the following:

list tra sta extension #
then extension number you enter on this command will be the phone to test on.
Dial the 36 number and the system will show you how or what ars table your calls are routing thru..

Archie

Thanks for the reply however, list tra sta # does not work. There is not a command after list that begins with tra. When I enter list then help the "T" commands are:
term-ext-group
toll
trunk-group

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Ron--

rwies,

yes there's no list trace command available in r6, it was added in r7 i believe.
you should check toll table, ars and aar digit conversion and analysis tables, route patterns (maybe there's digit deletion there) and ixc table. could not think up off hand any other place that may affect the call processing.

Check the FRL level in your route patterns also. I don't know why but when we switched LD carriers we had trouble with some of our FRLs that worked fine before. We also had to try different setups with the digit 1 in our route patterns like dwalin mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back