Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Rerouting Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassphone

Technical User
Mar 23, 2007
US
I am having an issue with call rerouting. Here are the details

I have three 3300 ICP systems 6.0 networked via IP trunks that share a common Nupoint Voice mail system.
System A’s main number 5700 a DN programmed as a single line key on a set reroutes always to voice mail where the mailbox is programmed as a call director. The voice mail hunt group resides in system B When the caller makes a selection that route to system C number 4745 a key line on 2 sets that reroutes to voice mail in busy /no answer condition.
When the main number in system A is dialed from an outside number or direct from a DN within its own system, the final reroute to voice mail fails. The call is returned to the main number and the process is started again. When the main number of system A is dialed direct from system B or C the reroute works as programmed and the call goes to the mail box for 4745 when busy or unanswered. However, if I program 4745 to reroute always to voice mail everything works from system A.
All three system have identical COS programmed for sets Ip trunks and PRIs
I have adjusted the Call Forward No Answer timer and No Answer Recall Timer in system A for Both the IP trunks and DN with no improvement.
Any suggestions?

weird

Thank you for one of the most detailed posts I`ve seen in a while

You`ve definitely covered the obvious.

Have you tried setting Busy/No Answer forwarding on the 4745 DN (not routing, forwarding)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Kwbmitel, that was going to be my next move.

Check the recall timers on system B, sounds like it is recalling to nupoint before cfna timer expires on system C. The recall timer will be running on system B, as this is where the transfer is being performed

Here is an update to my reroute problem
After adjusting the call forward no answer and no answer recall timers for each COS (device, IP trunk and voice mail port) in each system with no change in function.
I changed the transfer to number in the Nupoint from 4745 to my phone 4814 in system B and the call routed to my mailbox when unanswered. I then changed the number in the Nupoint from 4745 to a test phone 4844 from system C the call would ring and ring. I programmed a voice mail box for ext. 4844 and reroute first alt to voice mail for ext. 4844. The call returned to voice mail for 5700. I changed the reroute on 4844 to go to my phone 4814 instead of voice mail. I got this in the display “5799 from 5700 no answer” 5799 is the number for the test phone in system A.
Any suggestion for removing 5700 from the call so it will route to the mail box for 4745 when busy / no answer?

And the answer is

Shared System Options
Maintain Original Forward Or Reroute Reason set to YES

You might want to look at another system option as well (it's in the form Shared system options)

DPNSS/QSIG Diversion Enabled Yes/No

This option does weird things to VM when enabled.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Here's something I found on the forums (detailed below) which may help you and it does work.. Try routing the call through an ACD path as detailed below

Here's how you do it:
For NuPoint Routing
When routing from say a group to an extn that has a call forward always or 1st alternative to the Nupoint, the Nupoint will always play welcome to the message centre and not the mailbox of the extn..
I tried ring groups i.e. *#2288 containing extn 2288 with an overflow point to the vm group,.. Dummy extns *#2288 to play mailbox 2288, but still it only plays the welcome to the message centre please enter your mailbox number.. you can then enter *#2288 and it will play the mailbox 2288 but it won’t do it on something call forwarding it to the extn with the mailbox.
To cure
1) create a ACD Agent ID (dummy doesn’t need licenses)
2) Create an ACD Group. Put the dummy agent in it, Set the options of the group to queue even if no agents are logged in.
3) Create an ACD Path. Use the new agent group.
4) interflow the path after 1 (one) second. To the extn with VM (CFW always or 1st alt)
5) it will now play the extn’s mailbox

Braindead2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back