Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Recordings Cutting Off after X mins - usually 3 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm3911

Technical User
May 2, 2017
GB
Hi all,

I have an problem which I'd like to put pass you guys....
Im looking to see where I can dig deeper so that I can help myself and everyone else in terms of finding logs etc

I have Cm 6.3 with the extra bolt-ons, AES and Avaya Call recorder ( witness )

We have a range of dedicated DMCC ports which are being used to record by certain extensions. There is nothing special about these extensions and they are not configured differently than the other 100's of extensions we have successful configured and recorded for a number of years. However, these extensions just stop recording after 3 hours. The rest of the extensions ( the ones we never have a problem with ) recorded shorter calls - say about 10 to 15 mins. But we have started to notice that after 3 hours we are losing the recording, the phone / recording just appears to stop dead.

Is there anywhere I should be looking to see why or what is causing this problem? Where would I find logs on this?

I think it may be a resource problem / maybe hardware, because of these rather large calls , is there anyone who has experienced the server either running low of buffering space or a know issue with recording calls over 3 hours.

Happy to provide further information ...

Thanks in advance ....

In the ACR web interface go to General Setup:CM and check the 'Maximum total call duration (hours)' field

Yes, That's it, brilliant - thank you Speewah,

It was the Maximum recording segment duration (mins)

Another question, I'm looking for way to reassign ports within the call recorder. So at the moment we have 250 ports assigned to 'Bulk Recording' and 50 assigned to 'Meeting' - I'm looing to take some from the 'Bulk Recording' and reuse for'Meeting' because we have a high port peak capacity there. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back