Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot time is off.. DST 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlange23

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
US
I have Callpilot 4.0 running on windows 2003. I installed the windows patch and called to test today and time stamp was off on messages. So I physically checked server and the time is correct. So I rebooted to see if Callpilot would see the change... Nothing. The PBX was changed manually in ld 2. (as I do not have it set to daylight savings time) Is there any setting on callpilot I can do?? What is the next step???

Thanks in Advance
Darin

CP gets its time from the PBX

It's only dialtone-VZ

The time on the PBX is correct, when does it change over then? Do I have to wait for a midnight routine? Or is there a ld I can go to reset?

Thanks
Darin

I would try bouncing the elan in 48, so it has to re-establish. Thats where it gets the time from.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I run CP Rel 2.0 with NT and i also have the same issue. The server has the correct time but The messsage time stamp is still not correct.

I also have another similar CP server in the other site and the time stamp is corret.

How to bounce elan in 48?

just unplug the cat 5.. force a midn should also work.

ld 137

midn (might be 135 it's been a while) then log out

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It is not the same as if i rebooted the server. I have rebooted the server as of dlange23.

Is there anything that i can do?

I have ran midnight routine, unplugged cat 5, also powered off my ethernet hub. Which disabled my elan, then I rebooted and still the same results.. Time is right on 2003 but not the right time stamp on the CP. Any other things I can try?? I have a feeling the staff at my hospital are not going to be happy.

Thanks for helping
Darin

I dont think the windows patch should have been applied to the server. The server gets it's time from pbx, the patch probably interfered with it.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I used Microsoft's tzedit utility to adjust the time zone on my CP 2.01's NT server. My message time stamps are correct without rebooting. Since the "Automatically adjust clock for daylingt savings changes" was checked in date and time properties > Tiem Zone in NT, I figured I should use tzedit and I am glad I did.

Andras888, Are you also using desktop messaging?

My other CP 2.01's NT server has the correct time stamp but the desktop messaging is off by one hour ahead.

Thank you

I posted this more than once, stating a PEP was needed for desktop messaging, not just the microsoft hotfix

1. PEP Number: CP404S02G55S 2. Problem Description: ======================= Microsoft hot fixes KB928388 and KB929120 have introduced changes in the system time zone table. CallPilot should be modified to address the changes.

DST Extension PEPs for World Time Zone Changes will be available for application
to CallPilot 3.0 SU02 servers by February 22 and to CallPilot 4.0 SU02* servers by
February 12, 2007. Extended DST PEPs will not be available for CallPilot 2.5 and
earlier systems. CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems should upgrade to 4.0 and apply
the DST extension PEP. The CallPilot DST PEP also includes a Microsoft Windows
2003 hot fix, KB928388, that is automatically installed as part of the CallPilot PEP
installation, so everything needed is in the CallPilot PEP.
* This is an update to a previous bulletin.

I'm having the same issue as "sienz"......the time on the pbx is right, but on desktop messaging it's an hour ahead...any suggestions?

thx in advance!

sienz, Yes, I am using Desktop Messaging and I just discovered that my time is also one hour ahead on the desktop. However, when I call CallPilot through the regular telephone and press 72, the envelope information reads in the correct time. My PC, PBX, CallPilot all show the correct time.

We did not put the PEP into our Callpilot 4.0 system, as the vendor letter stated a cost to install. Is there a way to manually change the time that goes out on voicemail messages? The switches all have the correct time and the windows hotfix was installed, so the Windows OS is reflecting the correct time on our Callpilot system. It would be great to at least manually change the time even temporarily.

A Nortel PEP and and Microsoft patch is required on the CallPilot for the desktop feature.

This is because the Call Pilot pulls the time from the PBX. Desktop messaging does not! As bigindian states, you need to load the PEP Number: CP404S02G55S. You also have to uninstall and reload desktop messaging on all the workstations.

bigindian65,

Yes, I know there is a PEP for CP 3.0 and above. Is there any solution for CP 2.0 and below? or we will be stucked with the wrong time stamp for the desktop messaging.

Log into CallPilot manager and open the configuration wizard, go all the way through the wizard but don't change anything. after that reboot the server. If this doesn't do the trick then your going to have to have the patch.

Sienz, according to Nortel, unless you upgrade, yes, you might be stuck with it. sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back