Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot time is off.. DST 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlange23

Technical User
Jan 20, 2005
US
I have Callpilot 4.0 running on windows 2003. I installed the windows patch and called to test today and time stamp was off on messages. So I physically checked server and the time is correct. So I rebooted to see if Callpilot would see the change... Nothing. The PBX was changed manually in ld 2. (as I do not have it set to daylight savings time) Is there any setting on callpilot I can do?? What is the next step???

Thanks in Advance
Darin

This problem does not make sense to me. When DTS occured 3 weeks later, we used to have no problem. Now, we seemingly compensated for the earlier change of DTS. I just tested our Auto-Attendants by building an application with a time control, and even it knows the right time. So how does Desktop Messaging "know" what time a message comes in, and where is this error introduced?

I believe the issue has to do with the Time zone stamp on the CP for UM. Since it takes it's time off of GST it is now incorrect due to DST. I believe you can go through the setup again and change the Time Zone and fool it into the right time. This will probably only be a band-aid solution and requires the CP be restarted.

After reading these DST posts, I decided to leave myself a message and check CallPilot. The server was right when I looked yesterday, and the time on the message was right today when retrieved from my phone, but my desktop messaging in GroupWise is off by an hour........THE WRONG DIRECTION!!

I think CP and GW are not playing well together.

CallPilot 2.5 and Earlier
-------------------------------
CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems are based on Windows NT 4.0 which will not be updated by
Microsoft nor Nortel. The impact on CallPilot 2.5 and earlier systems is limited to Desktop,
NMS and Networking features. Timestamps will be off for the days where DST has been
extended (11-March through 01-April and 28-October through 04-November).
- Suggested action - upgrade to 4.0 SU02 or later and apply DST PEP.
- Workaround - If system is used to provide voice messaging services to local users in the
same time zone, then the system can continue to function with correct time stamps, provided
the assocated CS1000 switch has had DST updates applied to it.
If customer is using Desktop Messaging, NMS with sites in other time zones or networking
with sites in other time zones, there is no work-around to prevent timestamps from being off
with these features.
Do Not Adjust Control Panel
--------------------------------------
Do not manually alter the CallPilot server's Windows Control Panel time settings. If these
settings have been altered they must be placed back to default for time zone handling to work
properly. The Control Panel setting for "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes"
should be enabled. Run the Configuration Wizard to ensure the time zone of Windows server
is the same as that set within CallPilot Manager.

Thank you MrPederman for your post! Now we know we are officially stuck for 3 weeks and at least will stop spending our time trying to fix the unfixable. Luckily my CallPilot 4.0 upgrade is coming in a few weeks. I used Microsoft's tzedit utility to undo all previous adjustments on my CP 2.01's NT server, then rebooted.

I don't know if this is related, but incoming faxes to CallPilot stopped working today, but after rebooting the server everything seems to function.

I called my Nortel dealer and they told me I to check if I was on SU02 or SU03. I am on SU01, they said I needed to be on 2 or 3 for the PEP to work. Hopefully that is the case. Is there anywhere I can locate SU03 and the PEP to install my self?? The Nortel dealer has a scheduling problem and I cannot keep the current problem going any longer.

All help is much appreciated. Thanks to all that has responded!!

Darin

THANKS FOR ALL THAT HAS HELPED... A BIG THANKS TO marcuspb. Going through config wizard and rebooting did the trick..

Thanks
Darin

What is going to happen if I did manually change the settings? Everything is working correctly now.

Telecomlady if you have rebooted since the changes then you may want to put things back the way they were and reboot again. Hopefullly you remember what you changed :)

If you haven't rebooted then I would just run through the wizard again and see if the changes are actually still there, it may have reverted back to the way it was at the last boot. If the changes are still there then I would put put things back as they were since the next time it boots the changes will take effect.

I thought the best thing to do was to contact the vendor, they should have been up on this thing

To those of you who have updated Call Pilot systems by using TZEDIT or applying the Windows 2003 server patches from Microsoft rather than the official patches provided by Nortel - this does not work. If you have Call Pilot 2.02 or 2.5 there is no supported update. As noted in the other posts you have to live with the issues unless you update to 4.0 (note that 5.0 will be out soon so you might want to wait until it is released since it will be late October before any issues arise again). Call Pilot 3.0 and 4.0 systems have had official Nortel patches (peps) issued (they were revised at least once since they were originally issued). They are available of course only through Nortel channel partners. It seems like no one decided to deal with this problem until after January 1 of this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back