Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot not sending "BYE" siginal to SIP device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commnorth

Programmer
Oct 28, 2006
US
I have installed a cisco spa8000 which is a 8 port SIP ATA device on a MICS 4.1 along with a call pilot 150 3.1. Every thing seems to work fine until you get a call transfered from call pilot to extension, the cust. leaves a message, and when done, hangs up. Employee retrieves message, and at the very end, imediately you get a rapid busy tone for 5 seconds or so, then dead air. Its as if the call pilot does not send "bye" siginal or something. Another major problem, is because C.P. does'nt appear to send disconnect or "bye" siginal, there for it will not release SIP trunk so it hangs until they get "no lines available" go to phone room reboot spa8000, you're all set for awhile!!!!! Repeat!!!! Major not cool.

It's not up to the system to send the signal. It's the other way around. Line has to send a disconnect signal to the system. Make sure that DISCONNECT SUPERVISION is turned on in the phone system.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Thanks allworxguy' I believe what you are referring to is the supervised or unsupervised line settings, and yes all lines have been selected to supervised setting.

Look in the cisco guide that is where you need to make the changes. Here is one example that might work.

Polarity Control = The ATA device allows the polarity to be set when a call is
connected and when a call is disconnected. This feature is required to support some pay phone system and answering machines. Polarity Control is configured in the Line and PSTN Line tabs.

Thanks Hawks; I'm scheduled to be on site, Tuesday the 9th, and I'm excited to give your suggestion a shot; if it works, I'll be so indebted to U, I'll have to buy you a Polish pop or two, again thanks, Jim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back