Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot lost all greetings and password? BCM450 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

canflyguy

Technical User
Jul 25, 2018
CA
I just had a service call where all the greetings, queues and mailboxes were intact but all the mailboxes had lost their username recordings, greetings and passwords? Never seen this before, but found the customer had enabled external initialization. System is working fine, all mailboxes are intact just as if I had just entered them and were never in use? Any ideas as to how it would end up in this position? I wondered if turning on external initialization would do all the mailboxes back to stock until they were individually re-initialized.
Interested in hearing comments as this is definitely different for me.

The other issue with this unit is that there was call forwarding set for most of the sets in the office due to this Covid thing and people working from home, etc. The call forwarding still shows in place in the programming and when the extension number is called internally or through the voicemail, the call does go out (external through PRI) to the home location. The problem seems to be that when the associated DID is called the call rings straight through to the set and inevitably goee to the voicemail saying "this mailbox has not been initialized".
Rather strange problems after 6 months in service.
Any ideas or solutions?

First guess's are software corruption or something is up with the hard drive.

Corruption -
-Restore From Factory Default and uncheck all but Callpilot, then restore from a backup.

Hard Drive issue -
-After fixing programming do a full backup, replace drive and restore from backup
-In your lab, using cmd as admin - CHKDSK /f /r /D: (where D is your drive)
-If it fixed errors then re-image the hard drive and test it.

Turning on External Initialization would not normally default anything but maybe triggered something in the already corrupt callpilot.

Are there no IP Client seats on that machine?
If they have the sometime "2 seats" included then best to setup the admin with one, they can then then initialize mailboxes for the users using the IP set.

Did you see anything in Alarms? hints of reboots etc?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

So you mean restore the telephone programming, but not the Call Pilot (Voicemail), right? Any comment as to the call forwarding not working from external numbers?

"So you mean restore the telephone programming, but not the Call Pilot (Voicemail)"

No
"uncheck all but Callpilot"
That means you will be defaulting only Callpilot.
By default they have all sections checked, therefore to uncheck what is not required.
Then Restore would be the same, restore only the Callpilot unchecking all but Callpilot.

As for your DID issue I thought the issue was just the mailbox greeting.
Check Transfer call back timer maybe, perhaps it is timing out to the users mailbox that is not initialized.
Or GD mailbox...in either case maybe check Prime Set for the Target and make it none.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Turns out Voicemail was corrupted. DIDs would always go to the voicemail instead of following call forwarding. Deleted and restored the voicemail, re-entering all mailboxes, menus, greetings, tables. All good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back