Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot AA calling wrong extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrog

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
US
I have a call Pilot 150 version 3.1. It's off a MICS version 7.1. It is on AA all the time. I am getting random complaints of the AA dialing incorrect extensions. I find no pattern to this. Having read thru many previous threads I checked to make sure I have the 8 volt 2 wire power cord. I find none of the receiving phones to have buttons programmed to receive other extensions. No phones have lines on them, every phone is dial 9 off intercom. This system was fine, then the customer moved. I shut the system down, moved it and powered it back up. It is on a UPS. This problem seems to have appeared after the move. The system doesn't have enough spare ports to switch the CP extensions to other ports.

you say the call pilot is calling the wrong extension....can you explain this a little?? is the aa transferring calls to different extensions than is programmed by that is the transfer point for CCR 1 to ext 221 and ext 222 is getting the call?

did you verify each of the extensions are correct at the phone? Feat * 0 - then intercom key.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The Call Pilot is "If you know your parties extension ..." Some times an extension is put in and a completely different extension receives the call. I suspected fat fingers on a cell phone, but this has happened to users themselves, and wives who know the extension they want.

No this is not a PRI, these are straight copper trunks.

I don't know what release it is. It's about 2 years old. How do i find Out?

Today my customer called to say the VM is taking up to 20 rings to respond. I need to get by and try to set up BLF buttons to check the status of the ports.

Thanks for the ideas. I am going by today and will find version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back