Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 LAN / NIC Issues - VM Working Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

1800laphones

Vendor
Mar 10, 2011
US
Hi Guys,

First post over here. I've searched and searched but can't quite find the answer I am looking for.

Had a customer purchase a Call Pilot 150 R3.1, which we fully tested here including the LAN port which had the default IP address.

Customer now has the voicemail installed and everything is working fine except they can not log into the web browser.

I am stumped and any help is greatly appreciated. Any questions are welcomed.

Here's some of the messages from the customer:

"I've cleared out all cache, temp files, browsing history and cookies.
My computer is set to

I can ping the ip but I cannot access via a web browser IE, Mozilla

None of these work:

"I'm using a crossover cable as well
I've connected the crossover cable to the unit before powering up as well as after.
Both have the same outcome"

"I've tried this on two computers as well

Hello,

I am having the same difficulties with my Callpilot 150.

I've had one installed in my office for the past 8 years and it passed away recently. I purchased a reconditioned callpilot and I too have been attempting to open up the web browser without any luck.

I have been attempting to use the default IP address of 192.168.110.10 I have a cross over cable and I have been able to connect through pinging successfully but I have tried two different web browsers and two different computers and just can't seem to get the web browser to work.

I've tried turning off fire walls etc. but still no luck.

Are there any "tricks" I'm missing? I thought I was winning when the pings were successful but I can't seem to advance past this point.

I dusted off an old XP machine with a serial port and I've tried using a serial cable and "Putty" but I am new to Putty and have never interfaced with the callpilot like this in the past so even after fallowing the instructions and rebooting the callpilot I'm getting no where.

If you could offer any guidance it would be greatly appreciated. I have programmed our old callpilot through a web browser in the past I'm just trying to crack into this new one so that I can change the IP address to the IP address that the old call pilot was using.

Thanks for your help!

If you use hyperterminal and connect to the serial port, when you power up the voicemail it will spit out the address that it is currently set to. If you can't connect to the serial port then, the port could have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back