Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Pilot 150 Centralized Voicemail Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmith40

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2004
US
I inherited a CallPilot 150 that is shared by two MICS units. One is local and gets the soft keys the other does not. It has been working well for years as just a voicemail system without any CCR trees.

Recently, we had a power outage that wiped out all of the settings for the CallPilot. No backups were taken previously, but I managed to reconfigure everything using the manual, except one thing.

The problem is, when calls transfer from our remote site, it doesn't send them to the users voicemail. It sends them to the main menu.

I added an Auto-Attendant under Line Properties for the line that the Call Pilot is on (line 255). It is set to Auto-Attendant, Table/skillset Number: 1, Number of rings: 0

Greeting Table 1 Setup are default, except for:

Disable DN dialing: (no, unchecked) (this may be the default default)
Attendant Extension: 2100

Custom Auto-Attendant Menu Prompts
Enable: (yes, checked)
Primary Prompt: Recorded

COS settings are:

Enable Off-premise Msg Notification/Remote Notification: (yes, checked)
Enable Outbound Transfer: (no, unchecked)
Enable Networking: (yes, checked)
Enable Personal Target Attendant: (yes, checked)
Enable Record Call: (no, unchecked)
User Interface Style: NVM

System Properties:

Voice Mail Version: 31.10.14.22
Max Outcalling Channels: 1
Enable Voice Mail: (yes, checked)
Enable Group List: (no, unchecked)
Group List Leading Digit: 9
Minimum message length: 3000
Enable External Initialization: (yes, checked)
Make Directory Available: (no, unchecked)
Enable General Delivery Mailbox: (no, unchecked)
Enable Redirect DN: (yes, checked)
Enable Network Transfers: (yes, checked)
Enable CallPilot User Interface: (no, unchecked)
Name Prefix: 11
Special Prefix: 19
Primary UI Style: NVM

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

What is the process to transfer the call to the remote mailbox?
How are the systems tied together?
All key codes still in place?

These might assist in answering

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I appreciate the reply.

The MICS units weren't changed, but have PRI connecting the systems, have MCDN networking SL-1, and the private network is set to CDP. Each has a ID of "1" on that.

Here are my Installed Options on the Call Pilot.
Installed Options
Subscriber Mailboxes 40
Unified Messaging Seats 2
Basic Call Center
Active Agents 10
Skillsets 2

Thanks again.
Kevin

I appreciate the help. That is set to Y.

I found out some stuff since my last update. Might be a clue.

One thing that I've noticed. Before, when I would call the VM extension from the remote site, it would have an outgoing message. It was some guy saying "Welcome. Please press ** to check your voicemail". Since that was lost, I re-recorded the message in the Auto-Attendant Table 1 as the Primary Prompt, and checked "enable" on Custom Auto-Attendant Menu Prompts. But, when the remote phones go to voicemail, I hear a pre-rocorded voice saying "The person you are calling is not available", then it kicks over to my recorded Primary Prompt.

When I call the extension using a DID number (line 255 which is set to appear and ring on extension 2198), I don't hear the default prompt and it goes straight to my recorded message. When I dial the extension, I hear it as I stated above.

I don't know if any of that has anything to do with our remote sets going going to their mailboxes when they dial the CP extension or not, but I definitely appreciate your expertise and willingness to help.

Kevin

Okay, for the sake of anyone stumbling across this post in a Web search, Here is what my problem was:

For some weird reason our extensions are in the 2100's (3100's at the remote), yet the DID's are in the 4100's.

The DID for the VM was 797-4198. The local systems Received Number for that line was set to 4198. The remote system had a route set that when someone enters 2198, it absorbs the 2 and uses the PRI route. That route adds a 4 using DialOut. So the local system receives 4198, and the line is snatched up by the CallPilot according to its AA settings.

What was wrong was the Destination Code 2198 was assigned to a route that added a 5 instead of a 4 on the remote system. The local system was receiving 5198 and it didn't know what to do with it.

Although I don't remember making the change, apparently I changed that route somewhere along the line (probably a fat finger mistake).

Lesson of the day: A good technician (or vendor) creates documentation when the system is set up correctly, and modifies the documentation when a change is made. Anything that differs from the documentation is likely a fat-finger mistake by some IT guy who should probably hire a vendor.

Thank again for the help curleycord and norstarboy125.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back