Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call pickup via User Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaguyuk

Programmer
Jun 18, 2010
GB
Hi all

Got a small issue that's really bugging me. I'm sure I came across a post a while back with a workaround for this but for the life of me I cannot find it.

I have a 400 user Server edition IP office installed. They have a load of groups which are only around 3-4 members. I control the user buttons and settings via User Rights which works fine for everything except call pickup.

I really don't want to have to manually configure each group of handsets to have "Call pickup members" and then the Group number they're members of. Is there any way I can just assign a pickup button and it will intelligently know to pickup the users within the active groups? (Like the ACM pickup button does)

I've tried Pickup members and group leaving the values blank but they don't work. I've tried using pickup any and obviously that causes loads of issues because the users are picking up calls all over the place.

I cant believe there wouldn't be a way to do this with just one generic pickup button. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Well you're about to become a believer, you need to assign a value to the button for "pickup" or "group" keys, it isn't going to effect whatever group you're a member of like a night service/OOS button would :)

So if I read that correctly - I've got to manually change each user(s) pickup button to display the value of the group that they're in?

Thats 400 users I'll have to change manually if thats the case?

Avaya fail right there!

There are a number of things that require per user changes on IP Office, no matter how many users you're changing.... so you better get used to it :)

Gotta love IP Office! So they support 3000+ users on SE but want you to manually configure certain buttons per-user.
Take me back to ACM!

It was never designed for that many users, ACM isn't selling enough so IPO is slowly nudging into it's playground :)

It would be much easier if a command line intact would be available for programming. Especially in bigger systems that would be a good way for mass changes of little options.

If they made the config.csv file editable by Excel and the likes without it getting screwed up, or gave us an editing tool that could be used on it then it would be a piece of piss :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back