Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Park Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorrinRadd1

Technical User
Mar 26, 2014
US
I'm using Yealink T27G phones on a UCX50. I can't get the caller ID info to show when picking up a parked call, it only shows the park lot #71...

I have made some config file changes to the yealink but it's still not showing caller ID on a park pickup.

I don't have Yealink T27G, but in general you should do the following to get the correct connected party information on your SIP phone after a call park pickup:
1. Go to the extension configuration page for the SIP phone, scroll down to the section Device Options, locate the option sendrpid and set it to the header type that your phone supports (disabled by default)
2. Configure the SIP phone to trust the remote party ID (rpid) sent by the UCx system (could be enabled by default)

If you don't know which header your SIP phone accepts, try both options (Remote-Party-ID and P-Asserted-Identity).

I just quickly checked my Nortel LG 6830 SIP phone - it needs the P-Asserted-Identity header.

Thanks for the info. I checked and changed everything mentioned from ucxguy but it still only shows park #. The terminology is different between Yealink and Nortel but I think I made the correct changes.

Goto GUI Dashboard
select PBX tab--> PBX Configuration-->Settings-->Sip Settings
scroll to bottom and at other SIP settings add notifycid = yes

I tested this with a Yealink T27G and T48G and found that both the Send-P-Asserted-Identity header and the Send Remote-Party-ID-Header works.
I didn't have to do anything to the Yealink phones, so this is probably allowed by default as ucxguy suggested. I made test calls into the UCx from multiple sources, parked the call, and then retrieved from either T27G or T48G and saw the Caller ID info.

Thanks ucx people. I was only setting the trustrpid and sendrpid setting on the receiving extension and not the extension that was parking the calls. They both need these settings. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back