Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjk165

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
I am having a issue with our IPO 500 V2, Release 7.0(12) with using the call logs to call out. We are on SIP lines. When a user tries to use the Missed or InAns call log on their phone (model 5620SW IP), the ID number shows the telephone # as: 9XXX-XXX-XXXX. This is an issue because when I hit the button on the Missed call or InAns call that I want to call out on the system adds another 9 in front of the number being called, causing it to fail. When I look at my Outgoing call log, the 9 is not entered with the Number ID so it is showing as XXX-XXX-XXXX. I can call out using the Outgoing call log with no problem.

How do I take the 9 off the ID# for the Missed and InAns call logs? Is that possible? Where in the programming would I need to go to correct this?

I tried looking in the help section of Manager and looked at the Avaya knowledge base website. But it doesn't show or tell how to correct the call log issue. It just explains how to use the call log feature.

I have a short code 9N N Dial set so we have to dial 9 to get out. This works just fine. When we manually dial out, the phone works fine. It's when we use the call logs to call out from we are having the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

It has been specifically programmed to do this, who programmed it? :)

"No problem monkey socks

does the sip line have the prefix of 9 added in sip line programming?

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

To amriddle, it was a employee who is no longer with us that programmed and put this system together. Still learning his programming style with other systems. (lol). It isn't all bad, just there are things that make you go Hmmmm, why they did it this way.

To smokinjoe, Under Line programming, SIP Line tab, Prefix shows 9. So, yes the prefix is set to 9. I thought about taking this out but thought that might disrupt our service to call out, even with a short code 9N programmed.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

well you said earlier it was adding an additional 9 so go and remove the 9 under sip line programming, if it doesn't work you can always add it back.

Just remove it, it will be fine, if not you can always put it back. I asked as it can also be added with the 46xx settings file and you're using 56xx handsets :)

"No problem monkey socks

Thank you, it is now working.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

and what was the resolution?

I took the 9 out of the SIP line prefix. Of course it causes the system to reboot when doing this. I made test calls to the phone system and from the phone system. The caller ID now shows the number without the 9 being in front of it in the Call logs. When I pressed a missed call that now shows the ID without the 9, It automatically still dials the 9 and then the number. Which now allows the call to go out.

definitely learned something new today.

Thanks.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

your welcome

How did you get the call logs to dial with a 9 in front of the number without a prefix??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back