Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Intrusion/Coaching Intrusion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
My company is wanting to setup multiple phones to be able to be used as 3-way interpreter lines. 1 person calls the (external) interpreter then number 2 picks up their phone, hits their Intrude button and it connects them so that all parties can hear all parties.

A picks up and dials
B(External) connects
C 'intrudes' so that interpreting can happen between the three

I have setup a monitoring group, had C's Monitor Group set to the group I created with 'Can Intrude' set. A is in the Monitoring Group with 'Cannot Be Intruded' turned off. I put the Coaching Intrude button on C with the Action data set to A's extension, but when that button is pressed there is a straight tone. If I set that button to

This is my first time attempting to set this up, so I undoubtedly haven't done something correctly.

Monitor Group needs to contain all users who will fill the roll of Person A
Everyone who has Person A role must be set to have "Cannot be intruded" unchecked
Everyone who has a Person C role must have "Can Intrude" checked, and also have the Monitor group selected in the Monitor group dropdown.
If the action data for intruding key is blank, person C must key in the extension of person A to intrude.

GB

GB,

I have it set that way and it still refuses to work. I have set myself as person A with "Cannot be Intruded" unchecked and myself in the group. The other phone(C) has the Monitor Group set, "Can Intrude" set and a Coaching Intrusion button set to A's extension in the Action Data.
When the Coaching Intrusion button is pressed, I still get a straight tone.

wouldn't a conference bridge work for this set up?

joe2938,

I have a conference bridge set up, but they won't want to have to dial the number, put in the security pin, enter a bridge number(ext), state their name, etc. They would rather have it so they can just pick up the phone and press a button to have all 3 connected instantly.

a bridge can be set up with no pin needed or no name needed so should work for you

can you post a config? Or at least screen shots of the User A (user/telephony/supervisor settings), User C (same), Monitor Group (user list), and button (edit) for User C.

FWIW, if this is supposed to be translation, you want call intrude as the button feature, not coaching intrusion.

GB

jgeisler1,

I think I see the problem. I believe you want "Call Intrude", not "Coaching Intrusion".

Call Intrude is on the same menu at the top (Advanced / Call / Call Intrude)

Let us know if that works for you

Been there, done that

Also, are you above release 8.0? and the Coaching Intrude only works on 9500 and 9600 series phones... according to the help files anyway:

Coaching Intrusion
This feature allows the you to intrude on another user's call and to talk to them without being heard by the other call parties to which they can still talk
· Release: 8.0+.
· Phone Support
9500 Series
9600 Series

Hope this helps

Been there, done that

ThePhoneMn,

I was trying "Call Intrude" at the beginning, but just to test I attempted the Coaching. The "Call Intrude" is still giving me the straight tone when I attempt it. (I'm also using v.9.1.8)

Graybeard191, I will try to get some screenshots later today if I am able.

according to the help files (under button programming actions), coaching intrusion and call intrude are valid for all 14xx, 16xx, 95xx, 96xx phones, excepting the 1403/1603.

No other phones are supported, so hopefully you're not trying this with Nortel phones, 24xx, 54xx, etc.

GB

Both phones I'm using are 9608G IP phones.

Alrighty, here are the screenshots of A and C as well as the SC of the group itself.

A-1_olqsyz.png
<A
A-2_woxzzd.png
<A

C-1_sdnqv0.png
<C
C-2_onkidg.png
<C

Group_pwb15l.png
<Group

The person doing the intrusion has to be in the Interpreter Mon group too. Also that person needs to have the Monitor Group set to Interpretor Mon under Telephony / supervisor settings

You should be good to go!

Been there, done that

It didn't appear to be working at first, but after testing, it looks like you have to have an active call going and connected before using the intrude. Thank you VERY much ThePhoneMn and Greybeard191 for all your assistance.

I was looking at the screenshots and going "why the heck isn't this working"?

thanks for giving us all the reason :)

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back