Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call-fwd question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I have a station with Call-fwd button on it. I set up a COS with Call Fwd-All Calls set to Y. I then set up a vdn vectoring to a cell number. When I try to hard code the VDN onto the station's Call-fwd button it tells me the Ext can only be a Station ID, Data Module or Hunt Group.

I am trying to get it so that the User can call forward his phone to a cell but I want this hard coded so the User cannot add just any telephone number.

Thanks

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

I do this for various users by adding an Autodial button onto their phones, then in the number field use your FAC for Call forward All, followed by the Cell number.

TykeUK

But when a call comes into the primary phone A, how does it forward it to the Cell B? Isnt an Autodial button just to dial a precoded number when you press it?

What I want is to call-fwd all calls received to phone A to the Cell B.

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming

AvayaHelp,
The autodial will work for your scenario. Basically it is dialling the feature access code for forward all calls. It's saving the user from pressing call forward and then inputting their cell number.
Give it a try as I'm sure it will work as I use it all the time.

I just tried this on my G3V9i and it didn't work at all. If I put a call-fwd button on my phone and leave it blank, I can press that button and type in the 11 digit phone number +9(xxx)555-1212 and that will happily forward to my cell phone, but the autodial with the FAC does not.

Ok All here is what I got to work.

I put a call-fwd button on the Station.
Created a VDN and gave that info to the User.
I created a Vector for said VDN that routes to the cell number 9(12345678910) and we just tested it and it works great. The user just has to hit the call-fwd button and enter the VDN extension and that is it.

Thanks anyway all.

It would be easy and secure to add a cover path remote as the first point of coverage. The remote number in the pat would be their cell number. Works great and you do not have to worry about toll fraud.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Remove the Call-forward button and replace it with a send All Calls button. As mikeydidit says, use remote coverage.

KLevin

I'll bite, how do you administer the remote coverage number? I've built the path using r1 as the first point, and added the send-calls button. Where do I add the cell phone number?

I can't get it to work. It just sends all calls directly to VM.

If you administer the ARS access code (ie: 9) + the number under the coverage remote it will work unless you do not have trunk to trunk transfer allowed or you have COR/FRL issues with your trunks, or station.
cov path x> point 1 r1> (R cover r1=9xxxxxxxxxx)point 2 hx(vm)

I'm giving up. That's how I have it. I enabled trunk to trunk transfers. my COR looks good. I don't know what a FRL is.

I can easily forward all calls to my cell phone using:
call-fwd (blank)
I press the button, and type 9xxxxxxxxxx it gives me the acceptance tones and it works.

If it is going to VM, then that has to be the first point of coverage. The first thing is to "ch cov rem". Add your entry (9xxxxxxx). Thats done. Remember the remote coverage number. Next the coverage path. Put your remote cover path as the first point of cover. You can even be more creative if you like and route inside calls to VM and outside calls to the cell through the coverage path. (Next linkage) if you choose to. When the user hits SAC it goes to the first point of coverage.

Please post if you need more help.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Path Number Next Path Linkage Pt1 Pt2 Pt3

1 h99
2 h99
3 attd h99
4 attd
5 1 r2
6 r2 h99
8 r1
9 h99

I'm currently set to use cov path 6 which has r2 as the first point

REMOTE CALL COVERAGE TABLE

01: 16: 31:
02: 9XXX3638736 17: 32:

Are your incomming calls and R Cover outbound attempted calls on the same or different trunk group. I have for years redirected calls via R Cover to Local, National, and International numbers. FRL is Facility Restriction Level, the FRL of the station must be greater than or equal to the FRL of the trunk to make an outbound call, which you said you can do. If the in/out trunks are different and the FRL's of each are different you could have an issue there. What release is your switch? It would be helpful if you would post the trunks and stations and related COR's.
Also, do you have "coverage of calls redirected offsite"
available or administered, you would need this to cover a call remoted to the cell if you want it to go to voice mail if not answered, or you need EC500 capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back