Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call-fwd cos restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergje

Technical User
Jul 4, 2006
NL
hi

i want to use a station within a certain hunt-group to dial *21 (call-fwd) and then call-fwd the group-extension of the huntgroup

this way all incoming calls will be forwarded

however there is a call-fwd restriction in the trace file

hunt groups seemingly have always cos 1, and i can not choose another cos for this group number

in another cos i can change the restriction call-fwd off net, but i cant use this cos in the hunt group

the station does have console permissions, so that can't be the problem either

suggestions?

I don't know what release of Definity or CM you have but as I know you cannot apply COS on hunt group. It has COR.
Try type 'disp cos' to see how many COS you have administered and also 'list cor' to see administered COR

yeah i know thats the point i think

when i do a "list extens (group-nr-of-hunt) count 10"

you'll see the group extension number of the huntgroup with a COR and a COS, and the COS is always 1

but somehow this can't be changed

how the **** do i change this :)?

tested with cos 10 change to cos 1, just like the hunt group which has cos 1, and now call-forward does work

so the option is to set everything which has to be forwarded to cos 1, or use cos 10 and change this in the hunt group, but this doesn't work

options?

another approach could be: use a coverage path (containing the desired destination) on the hunt-group form in combination with a hunt-ns button on the station form.

ok so if i create a hunt-ns button, i let it go to the night service destination

this destination is already filled in, and for cover path there is nothing

what reference should i make with the hunt-ns button so that it goes into the coverpath? (the hunt-ns button has only an option for a group extension)

example would be nice

behind the hunt-ns button you should enter the hunt-group number you want to put into night service (by doing this you make the huntgroup busy, which makes you able to assign a coverage path with the busy criterium).

Also make sure you have entered a coverage path on the 1st hunt form. And of course make sure that the coverage criteria are correct and the coverage destination is filled out.

ok now i am confused

when i put this certain hunt group into night service, you say it goes into busy

this means that it will go to the cover path

however, there is already a night service destination filled in the hunt group form

if you create the hunt ns button, does it first choose night destination, or does it go to the coverpath?

thx

ah all right, I missed that part... using the hunt-ns will follow the night destination (if entered).

When there is no night destination filled out the system considers the hunt as busy which makes it able for the call to follow the coverage path.

Obviously, my suggestion will not work in your case. I will keep thinking about another approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back