Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwards between two systems/callpilots? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Cadmin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2007
CA
We have two sites. At site A (81C with callpilot) we have programmed an extension to forward the call to a DID at our other location (site B - 11C with callpilot).

The forward works fine, however when tested we receive a message after approximately 6 rings that "there is no mailbox for xxxx". The DID where the call is being forward to has voicemail so it seems as though the message relates to the originating site where the forward is in programmed.

How can I setup a call forward from one M1/CallPilot site, to another M1/CallPilot site and have the voicemail kick in at the forward destination? Why is the callpilot at the destination site not picking up the call?

Note: the forwards have been programmed both as 500 sets and ACD's with the same result.

Thanks,

Do you have a tie line (T1 w/ MCDN protocol) between the two, or are you forwarding across the PSTN?

PSTN --> Site A <-T1 TIE-> Site B
OR
PSTN --> Site A --> PSTN --> Site B

What type of PSTN trunking is at both sites? Can you post the ACDN and/or TN at both sites for the number, please?

-Matthew

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

Sorry, both offices are on PRI.

I really see the problem as being programming. Why is the source PBX not releasing the call to the forward destination?

Thanks,

Without a printout of the TN or ACDN you're using, no way to answer that. It may not even be that the source PBX isn't "releasing" the call; that PBX may in fact be forwarding the call out but some telco providers send different IEs in their ISDN PRI messages.

There were also patches relating to call forwarding on both CP and MM regarding what digits are read (Called number, forwarding number, etc).

If we can start w/ the TN or ACDN on both sides, might be able to assist. Software releases of PBX and CP would help too.

Have you traced the call to even see where it's going? If the problem duplicates in this scenario:

SET A (on site A) calls DN; NCFW or DCFW to DID on SITE B

Then run a trace in LD 80 on set A to see where your call ends up. If it goes out to the PSTN as expected, then the call is gone - it's not being held in Site A; and you probably have a patch or telco issue on site B.

Thanks Matthew. What is the correct command to setup the trace?

Also I did confirm the ACD NCFW is going to the target number, however after 6 rings the callpilot messaging system kicks in and says the extension is not setup for that service (voicemail). The voicemail on the destination PBX is setup, however for some reason the source site keeps reverting to it's voicemail.

I've tried both 500 FTR and ACD with the same result. If I setup either to ring to any non PBX number (Cellphone) it continues to ring past the 6 rings without an issue.

To find your TN:
LD 80
TRAC 0 <DN> where <DN> = the DN you're calling from
It'll print out the TN.

Then run a continuous trace:
LD 80
ENTC <TN> 0100 (trace <TN> for 1 hr)
GOTR (start trace)

Make your call; you'll see the entire thing call sequence - you'll see your phone go off-hook, you'll see the first digit dialed, you'll see the PRI call if it leaves the system, etc. All that should be captured.

When you're done tracing, just **** out of the load; you don't have to stop the trace manually if you're done.

There's really not much more for us to go on w/o any printouts of your programming, and copies of the trace info. Software releases would be helpful too. You can X out some of the digits if you're concerned about privacy.

I don't have any other suggestions at this point; I suspect your call *is* leaving Site A and you're hearing a non-subscriber message at Site B with the original dialed digits instead of the forwarded digits. As I wrote previously, that can be due to a telco configuration or due to a patch; there were several patches for that.

what does the callpilot at the far end say for the mailbox number. Is it 4, 7, or 10 digit #??? you may just need to add the number that is being sent to the callpilot as an ext dn in the far end cp system

Problem fixed. I tries increasing the TGAR and NCOS which allowed the 500 forward to work. I then found out the pbx was manipulating the CLID and corrected the secondary DNs in Callpilot. Thanks for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back