Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

namr007

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
US
how can I setup a call forwarding to a cell phone on the Definity GS3, not sure if this can be done anyway. Thanks

1. Use EC500.
2. Create a remote coverage path to the cell phone number, and activate Send Calls to that path.

Let me know if you need more details......

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

I am sorry, but I am a cisco guy. can you explain this in more details. thanks

If this is something you want the user to be able to activate & deactivate themselves here is an easier way to do it.

Check what COS the station is currently using by doing "disp st xxxx". Find an unused COS number and type in "ch cos". The screen will come up with the COS numbers across the top, the features down the left side. Go to the column for the new COS and make it look exactly the same as the existing one, except change the "restrict off net call forwarding" field from y to n. Then do "ch st xxxx" and change the COS field to the new number. Stations with this permission will be able to enter the call forward code (for example *2) and then dial a 9 plus the outside number. The only restriction to where they can send it is their COR. If you need any more information, let me know.

Cathy

Cathy's suggestion is definitely the easiest, especially for you. The only thing I dislike about it is that you no longer have control over what number the station is being call forwarded to. But that's just me; I tend to be a control freak - expecially when it comes to routing calls off my network!

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

Good point Susan,
Namr007 maybe you can talk to the person that will be using this feature and make him understand the ramifications of forwarding off net. Our ex-director of ops forwarded his station to his home and customers and buisness calls were being answered by his not so polite stepkids! The president blew a fuse and I heard about it. The way we got around this was old fashioned but the director left a message on his voice mail that gave his cell phone number so people could call him on it if they chose...
Trying to save you any unnecessary grief,
Tina

We don't permit indiscriminate offsite forwarding on our site. I can post the technique we use to forward to a specific number, if anyone's interested.
Thanks.

Doug Frith
Accord Communications

Cathy, I found a COS that uses call forwarding, I put my station on this COS, now, what do I do to activate and deactivte the call forwarding. Thank for the help so far

Doug,
Please post the technique you use to forward to a specific number. Thank you.
Tom

The first thing you need to do is verify the call forwarding code by entering, "disp fea". On the first page, midway down you will see a call forward all calls activation code and to the right of that same line a deactivation code. These are usually *2 to activate and #2 to deactivate, I'll use these as an example. You then go to the station, get dialtone and enter *2, you will then get another dial tone and you enter the number complete with 9 and 1 if necessary, you will then hear a confirmation tone. To cancel, you just get dialtone and enter #2. To see if call forwarding is activated on a station and where it is forwarded to, enter "st st xxxx". On the right hand side, third or fourth entry, you will see a field "cfdest". If nothing is there, call forwarding is not activated. If it is activated, the destination will be noted.

Note: When activating, if while entering the 9 and the outside number you get waived off, console permissions is probably activated as well. To get around this, enter *2, the extension number you are forwarding and then the outside number. To deactivate, it is #2,the extension you are working on.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Hope this helps,

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back