Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

StumblingForward

Technical User
Jan 7, 2005
US
I am trying to set up the ability to forward the incoming calls of an extension that is being used in a doctors office in a medical arts building (I manage the system in a hospital and several medical specialty buildings) to the doctors cell phone, the doctors office has 2 different analog extinctions, they both come from my definity switch to the doctors suite and then run through a Harris Lanier Series VIE that gives all 5 stations in the suite both lines. I have been able to do this with no problem in the past with all the other suites by using the *2 feature and forwarding the calls to what ever ext/number that they would like. the problem lies in that when I try to use the *2 the * button does not work on any of the stations, when you press it gives you the tone but nothing happens, I find it hard to believe that all of the units have broken in the exact same way. I have set up both of the ext in the switch to be able to have this ability but it still will not work.
My only thought is that the Harris unit is in some way causing this, but I have no idea how or if there is a way to remedy it?
Any thoughts on this matter would be great.

run the command 'list trace stat XXXX' and try to forward. Then paste your results here.

Here is the trace when i try and *2 the line
06:50:06 active station 504 cid 0x109
06:50:15 idle station 504 cid 0x109

This is what is did after i hit *2-9
06:50:16 active station 504 cid 0x10b
06:50:24 idle station 504 cid 0x10b

Hope this mean something.

Are you trying this with a test set on the analog pair, or using the key system phone? if you're using the key system phone, I'd suspect a problem in the key system. (For example, on Toshiba phones you have to have a feature button on the phone (like speed dial or something?) before the * key will actually be a * key

k, i'll see if I can find the reference, but the forum I used to go to is closed. If they are Toshiba sets, I can't remember if it's Speed Dial or Conference--but there has to be a 'line button' programmed as that 'feature' in order ot move the 'feature' from the */# key to the 'line' key therefore making the */# work like they're supposed to.

haven't been able to find it, although someone who knows Toshiba ought to be able to answer.

Is there an equivalent to the feature code without the *? For examle, for LEC call forwarding you can either use *72 form a touchtone, or 1172 from a rotary...

It's been a while since I used any Harris Lanier products. But if memory serves me right. Enter * then #. This should activate the star key for you. Let me know if it works.

Thanks for the post.
When I tried this the phone gave a confirmation tone that sounded like it had worked but when I tried to use the * key again it did not have any function as before. I have talked the doctor into using the audix voicemail instead of forwarding the calls, but of coarse Murphy’s law rules the universe and now for some reason I cant log into Audix, I cant even get the login screen to come up. /sigh
I think i'm going to get a 6 of Corona and set the switch on fire and roast some marshmallows.
You are all welcome to join me under one condition, you have to bring your own marshmellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back