Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding to another ext. voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneK

Programmer
Aug 18, 2006
Is there a way to either call forward or create cover path on an extension (without voicemail) to another extension (with voicemail)and have a call to the original extension cover to the forwarding extensions voicemail? We have Definity Release 8(no vectoring,acd, etc.) and I thought ther is a way to do that, but maybe not.
Suggestions?

I use mostly Octel, and sometime Intuity. I assume you are talking about site with Intuity. Try making the original extension an auto-attendant that routes calls to the forwarded voice mailbox

I don't know what voicemail system you have but with message manager, you can simply put the extension with no voicemail as the secondary extension on the phone with voicemail configuration page. Then in a cover path set point one as the extension with voicemail, and point 2 as your voicemail hunt group. A call to the extension without it's own voicemail box will cover to the extension with voicemail, and then cover to the voicemail of that extension.

Thanks for you replies. We have Intuity AUDIX 5.1. I understand the options, however, I failed to mention this, but the request out there was to have 4-5 extensions (without vm) forward to the extension with voicemail and cover to vm. They only want this option when they select to have these extensions forward to a vm (nights, lunches, etc.) and be able to manipulate the forwarding/no forwarding on the fly.

O.K. try this. From Avaya site manager, log in to your switch. Type "change remote coverage 1", on one of the numbered lines (remember this #), enter the phone number of the extension that has voice mail, that you want the other phones to cover to. Enter this number as if you were dialing an outside line from your PBX, i.e. 9xxxxxxx. Now create a cover path with all of the coverage criteria marked N except the DND/SAC/GotoCover line, mark these Y. For the first coverage point enter R for remote coverage plus the number that corresponds to the line number for the entered phone number from the remote coverage page. Assign this cover path to all the extensions that you want to cover to the extension with voice mail. When a person activates the send all calls feature for their phone, the phone will cover to the extension with voicemail and will be answered by that extension's voicemail after the set amount of rings. If send all calls is not activated, then the phone will just ring as it normally does.

Thanks Cellrebral, that's a great idea and I have implemented!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back