Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding How To? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
Our operators at the Attendant Console can forward any extension to any other extension from right at the switchboard. Is there a button I can add to my phone to do this? Or would I just type in a FAC?
Thanks TJ

If you have console permissions on your phone (in COS) you can just add a call-fwrd button to your phone or use the FAC. When you hit the button (or FAC) you then type in the number you're diverting followed by the number you're diverting to.

I added a a cfwd button, but it only accepts a one number(which wants to forward my personal phone). It doesn't give me a stutter dialtone to put in a second number. Am I using the right Call-fwd button?

you have to make sure you have the right cos associated with your extension that has console permissions.

I changed the COS on my phone to 0 which is the same as what the Attendant console has. And it's still not doing what I want.

look at your feature access codes. Enter the feature access code for call fowarding all then the extension to foward then the foward destination

Also look at the COS page "disp cos" and look at the console permissions COS. That is the COS you need for your phone.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

I was testing this Call forward setting out. Can I disable there call forwarding remotely also?

You can keep them from doing it all if you like. The COS is the key. DO NOT give the console permissions out to any one if you can help it. You will start getting more repairs on phones that are only call fowarded. And they also have permissions to disable other things that you do not want to have to fix.

If you need them to call foward just their phone, then give then the call foward-all calls COS.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

I got the CAll-Forward part to work, by giving myself the console COS. Can you disable the Call-fwd remotely the same same way as you can enable it remotely for a extension?

You can. Look back at the "disp feat" and that will give you the deactivation codes too.

(Plato)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back