Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding and PMVS 4.0 and ACS 6.0 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvydog

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Greetings,

I asked this question a few years back while using a Partner II and the answer was "NO".

I'll ask again now that I am using a 308 R6.0 Processor and Partner Mail VS R 4.0...

The caller is greeted by the AA. The caller is given options: Press 0 for the Receptionist, Press 1 For the Dr., Press 2 for the Assistant, Press 3 for the Hygienist....etc.

I would like to be able to have this option too:

"If this is an emergency, press 5 and you will be connected with our Human Answering Service."

When the caller presses 5, I would like them to be forwarded to an outside phone number where they can speak "live" with my on-call service. I do not want them to have to leave a message and have the system Outcall requiring the log in to the system by the receiver of the outcall.

I would like it to be a direct call forwarding. Is this possible?
If so, how?

Thank you!

Cheers!!!!

You can program an extension to allow Remote Call Forwarding, and forward it to the Service. Turn the forwarding on at the phone, and set selector code 5 transfer to that extension.

Can I do that and only use the Partner Mail PCMCIA card in the ACS processor and loose the PMVS card?

Yes, it's a function of the Partner ACS R6 processor, not the voicemail that forwards it.

Thank you.

So, Given the above scenario, if I have a 4 Port PMCIA card
what are the advantages of using a PMVS R4.0 module compared to just using the VM card in the 308 Processor.

One advantage would be to loose the 5 slot carrier and just use a 2 slot one.

Cheers!

That PMCIA card is an expansion card for the VS mail, It's not a PC mail card, PC mail cards both small and large are only 2 ports!
And using a 2 slot in place of a 5 slot is not a good idea, the 5 slot disperses the heat better!

I misunderstood what pc card you were talking about. Allisland advise is spot on. You can't put that pcmcia card directly into the partner acs processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back