Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward No Answer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

treys10

Technical User
Aug 13, 2009
US
I have 1 3904 phone that has 3 numbers on it 1000, 1001, 1002. I have three other phones that back up just the 1001, and 1002. They do not want to answer the calls until it hits the 'rollup' line. I am trying to ring the main number (1000) then no answer to 1001 which shows up on all phones, then no answer to voicemail. I can get it to go to 1001, but not go back to voicemail. I usually dont have to post because i can find my answers through searches but could not find this one.

Thanks Firebird and GhTrout. First Fire, I have lhk 2 and hunting is working fine. It is only no answer.

GH, From your reading, it looks like i can not make this happen. This says CFW, but i am assuming fna would follow the same rules.

"What if all you want to do is STOP a DN from being Call Forwarded?

Make sure it is NOT on KEY 00 (IT IS NOT)
Make sure the DN appears more than one time in the system. (IT DOES) You can even add a second appearance of the DN on the same phone.
With both of the conditions met, that DN will not CFW."

In your original explanation. When you stated when calls roll up. with that said Ext 1000 would need to be busy for calls to roll up to ext 1001. Which is controlled by the hunt feature. One of two ways to do this. Try making the hunt DN 1001 on ext 1000 and also make hunt dn 1002 on phone 1001 if each of those sets has voicemail. Or try a hunt of 000 on ext 1000 and and lhk of 2. you may need to play around with Marp on ext 1001 and 1002. I wouldn't change it if those extension have their own mailbox. keep the fdn to voicemail ext. Hope this make some sence just trying to assist.

On the TN where 1000 is MARPed, set FDN to 1001. On the TN where 1001 is MARPed, make sure SFA is in the OPT field.

Now, the call WILL roll to the FDN of the ORIGINALLY CALLED NUMBER. In this case, the PBX will look at the FDN of the TN that 1000 is MARPed to. If that is set to voicemail, then your call should make it through. However, it is going to present itself to mail as a call for 1000, NOT 1001.

If your DN 1000 does not have its own mailbox, you can add it as an extension DN on mailbox 1001. Since FDN will send the call to mail and present itself as a call for the original called party (1000), voicemail will recognize it as being part of the 1001 mailbox.

Wings, hunt is working fine. Forward no answer to the "rollup" line is what i am trying to get to happen. I have hunt to v.m. lhk to 2. Hunting does what it is supposed to do. 1000 has vm. but 1001,1002 do not. 1001 and 1002 are only overflow for 1000.
Yews, i have played around with sfa on/off all 4 phones and nothing changes. I chagned fdn to 1001 and it will fdn to it, but then just stays there and not return to vm. All three numbers are marped to the same phone.

If 1001 is marped on the same tn that 1000 is it is going to get the same treatment. Marp it on another set and change the fdn on that tn to voicemail. Tell us what happens.

Is your FDN on the Marped set going to voice mail? Keep in mind hunt is for a busy situation and fdn is a no answer situation. The main phone for 1000 should be fdn to VM, all lines marped on that phone, hunt should be to voice mail also with a lhk of 2 then the calls will roll up the key strip.

Phone 1
key 0 scr 1000 marp
key 1 scr 1001 marp
key 2 scr 1002 marp
lhk 2 fdn/hunt 5150(vm)

Phone 2
key 0 scr 2000 marp
key 5 scr 1001
key 6 scr 1002
lhk 0 fdn/hunt 5150

phone 3
key 0 scr 3000 marp
key 5 scr 1001
key 6 scr 1002
lhk 0 fdn/hunt 5150

Hunt works fine. 1000 busy, then 1001 rings and all have ability to answer. The issue I am trying to fix is if 1000 is not busy and not answered, then it goes to 1001. If I change fdn on 1000 to 1001, then it forward no answers to 1001 (good), but then sits there and rings and rings and rings (bad) without going to vm.I tried to get them to put 1000 on all phones, but she does not want her number on everyone's phone. She wants them to have a chance to answer if she is not there or busy before vm gets it.

Then I must have missed something. "On the tn where 1000 is marped set fdn to 1001" did that. "On the tn where 1001 is marped make sure sfa in in the OPT field." Both are marped on the same tn and cls sfa set. "Now, the call WILL roll to the FDN of the ORIGINALLY CALLED NUMBER. In this case, the PBX will look at the FDN of the TN that 1000 is MARPed to. If that is set to voicemail, then your call should make it through. However, it is going to present itself to mail as a call for 1000, NOT 1001." How can I have fdn go to 1001 and vm at the same time? The only thing that I can think of to do, is to create a new tn with 1001 as key 0 marp and fdn it to vm. Digital ports are gold in this switch and I would prefer not to have one used up for this.

Rickypone the man! I changed marp to one of the other phones and it went to vm. Thank you all for the contributions! I usually only have to read and never post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back