Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call disconnecting - Vector Step Collect 1 digit after announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinney

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2004
US

We're setting up an M3K connection to Avaya SM (7.1) to CM (5.2.1)

Call route fine to DIDs directly to stations.

I have a vector that has a step to collect 1 digit after an announcement. When I make a call the call fails at that vector step. I see the collect, I see the annoucement: board and ext: information and then the next line int he trace is LEAVING VECTOR PROCESSING cid.

The crazy thing is, if I change the vector so that it plays just the announcement on one line and then perform the collect on another line as collect 1 digits after none for none, it works. So, separately they work fine, together they do not.

I believe the error we were getting back in the Session Manager trace was a "server internal error transfer"

Any thoughts?

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

I checked CORs and tenants to make sure there isn't any issue with calls to each other.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

I have seen this before on 5.2.1 but for the life of me cant remember what it was.....try running a list trace station and call the VDN...if you havent already done that...as the station trace gives much more info..might help/

Also have you got a wait time 2 secs hearing ringback at the top....i bet you have but though it worth asking :)

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

What does the vector say to do after collect 1 digit after announcement?

Try "disp events" Category:vector and vector number in search options.
What is the announcement source? GW or AMS?

After collect it goes to other steps in the vector and works fine when not called through the M3K.

The thing is it dies immediately at the collect step (which has now changed to collecting 2 digits)

09:35:53 142 2 collect 2 digits after annc 1215011 for none
09:35:53 142 2 announcement: board 01A11 ann ext: 1215011
09:35:53 142 3 LEAVING VECTOR PROCESSING cid 6940

The events log shows:
81 No digits collected 142/18 1B0E 01/24/09:23 01/24/09:24 2

Which doesn't make sense as it doesn't even give me a chance to enter a digit. The interdigit timeout in the system is set for 3 seconds.

- Stinney

I would tinker around DSP allocation in the signaling group.

Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? n
Initial IP-IP Direct Media? n

montyzummer wound up being the wait 2 seconds at the beginning of the vector.

There were other issues that completely broke the call routing and then when they got it routing back to the vector again, we remembered to try this again and like magic, it worked.

- Stinney

[thumbsup]

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back