Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Recording Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorjr

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
We are looking for a way to record our call center agents. We currently are using Voice Logger with our G3r switch - one problem is that each channel has to be hard wire to each port where the agent is - so everytime the call center plays musical chairs we have to repunch down everything. We are looking for a solution that would sit in front of the PBX and give us more flexability. My last job we had Click2Coach from Envision that worked pretty well - but it integrated with the PBX via the MapD card. Where I am now, we do not have the MapD card and from what I am told Avaya no longer supports or license them. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

We just installed a call center and we use WITNESS. I've had it for about 4 days now and I love it.

The two major ones I hear kicked around in here are Witness and NICE. I am sure someone can come along with more on these that I can but I looked into the NICE solutions not too long ago. They seemed to be a really nice (no pun intended) system. These can also be made to be expandable for growth.

Like I said, I am sure that some of our call center people will chime in for you with what they use.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969), Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thanks....and with the exception of ECHO, I have heard about the others....my biggest question in how do they integrate with the PBX. We want to get away from the Voice Logger and punching down each channel to a port - something that sits in front of the PBX and can be administrated easily.

you can use witness to service observe the agents so no need to punch down wires any more
currently this would need an AES to connect to the Avaya
really need to know what Avaya system you have in place

It is a G3r with software R010r.....thanks

Yeah - using the program to service observe would be great - you can then restrict recording with class of restriction?

its quite old software but you can use a mapd or perhaps an AES the witness will only record the stations you want to record by putting them in the witnesses database

Well - we currently do not have a mapd and was told by our vendor that Avaya no longer supports (or will even license) a mapd for our system. Can we integrate it without a mapd?

Avaya does not support a mapd but it will work if it has the correct set up using a cti server middleware but your better upgrading to an 8700

That would be nice but because of current budget and cost restrictions I don't see us upgrading at this point - so, would using a cti server take the place of the mapd? how would the cti server integrate with the g3r?

Thanks for all the information!

you can still purchase mapd,s but not from Avaya
you would need the CT server to sit in the middle of the mapd and the witness
sorry I can't be of much more help but giving company details is against the forum rules

No - that is fine. I appreciate anything you can tell me. I was told by one of our vendor that the cost of getting and provisioning a mapd card would be astronomical, so at that point we look at another solution they had - but to use it within the G3r platform we would have to punch down each channel onto the port/pair where the agent sits - meaning each time the department decides to move or add someone, we would have to move the punches. Time comsuming and not very efficient I think. Thanks again.

After seeing this post I remember investigating this really neat product that I was looking at a few years back with another company to capture their calls from the Call Center.
It's called HigherGround.
(Press Release)
This integrates really easy and needs no MAP-D Card.
This product cost way less than a Witness when I was researching out different products.
Have a look; I see that Avaya has approved this product.

"HigherGround’s Call Recording Solution Achieves Gold Certification in Avaya DevConnect Program"

LOS ANGELES, CA – October 1, 2008 – HigherGround, Inc., a premier software developer of call recording, data collection and reporting tools, announced today that its Praetorian Voice Recorder™ is certified compliant with contact center solutions from Avaya, a leading global provider of business communications applications, systems and services.

Thanks PBXKID - do you know how it integrates with the PBX? The last product I looked at had to have each channel 'hardwired' to the port off the switch that the agents were on - and would be an admin nightmare if the department plays "musical chairs" all the time. Something that sits in front of the PBX is what we are looking for. Appreciate the post!

From what I remember the Server is set up as a Supervisor Set like a 6400 or the Old 8400 series and is connected to the PBX through a Digital Station Port. It then does a Service Observe on the sets out on the floor. Things could have change over the past 5 years; I would suggest you do a little research to see what technology they are using now. It could have improved judging from the press release.

Good Luck

Thanks PBXKID - I will start digging a little more into this but if it still integrates the same way it could be perfect for us.

Service Observe is the way most of the systems work these days. They still require a MAP-D or AES server to tell the system port when a call starts and stops so it knows who and when to service observe. Hardwire like you have OR cti are probably going to be your only options.

-CL

So - how would the aes server integrate with the PBX without map-d?

mapd = old cti method pre R13ish
AES = new cti method CM3 and later

The point was that you are going to need cti no matter what if you want a non-hardwire solution. They had cti for R10, it was called the map-d and that is your only option regardless of price/support. The R10 would also need to have ASAI CORE license in "disp sys cust". The other choice is to upgrade to CM5 and get an AES server.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back