Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Center Audible Queueing

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain08

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
If an agent is on the phone and a 2nd call comes in the queue light lights up, but doesn't make any sounds. Is there a way to get audible alerting?

If there is I would love to know about it...as I have a customer that would like to have this feature also....console's will do it but agents won't...at least not that I have found anywhere. Like you said you can have a queue call light but that's about it.

That just changes the way your phone rings.. not audible queue alerting.

btrain08,

I'm not sure what you called a queue light then. Vustats button? If so then no, there is no standard way to provide audible alerting for that. I assume agent is supposed to handle the call, not be distracted by new calls arriving in queue. There's no guarantee an agent will get that particular call, so why he/she should be notified of it?
Or are you talking about Direct Agent calling? Please clarify.

Regards, Alex.
My Avaya blog:

Agent on a phone call, a second phone call comes in and the queue light illuminates.. I want, along with the illumination an audible sound.

Digital reception consoles have an audible sound when they have a call waiting and I want the call center to behave the same way.

you can't only thing you can do is asign a analoge port on the hunt group form.
that port will apply ringing to a analoge bell
It will ring when it passes the threshold

Queue Limit: unlimited
Calls Warning Threshold: 2 Port: xxxxxx
Time Warning Threshold: 30 Port: xxxxxx

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back