Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Calendar Control From SubForm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacsadmin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
Using Microsoft Access 2000 I have the following:

Database: Trailer Inventory
Table: Tbl_TrailerNo
Field: TID (AutoNumber, PrimaryKey)
Field: TrailerNo (Number)

Table: Tbl_DateDetails
Field: DID (AutoNumber, PrimaryKey)
Field: TrailerNo (Number, ForeinKey)
Field: TDD (Date) "Trailer Drop Date"
Field: TUD (Date) "Trailer Unload Date"
Field: TPD (Date) "Trailer Pickup Date"

Form: Frm_TrailerNo
SubForm: SFrm_DateDetails

I have a one to many relationship from Tbl_TrailerNo to Tbl_DateDetails. I have the Calendar Control 8.0 registered and am able to supply a date to a form.

My problem is how to I cannot get the calendar control to popup when in a subform, which is where I have my date fields?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------

Have you tried using the Dbl_click event of the date field in the subform - that's what I do!

Trendsetter,

I have done as you suggested. I created a seperate form just with the Calendar on it named FrmCalendar. In the double click field of the Date text box I created an event procedure of DoCmd.OpenForm "FrmCalendar".

How do I get the actual parameters passed back to the subform.

It works fine if the calendar is part of the form itself, but when calling the calendar from a subform to be opened in it's own window and passing info back doesn't seem quite as easy.

I know that you must pass the value clicked by the client back to the date field, but I can't get the syntex correct.

It is always a problem passing data to a sub form.
The syntax needs to be:
Forms!frmMainFormName!frmSubFormName!ControlToPopulate

If you send me your email address i have worked examples of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back