Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Barring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon100

Technical User
Sep 26, 2012
GB
We have a customer who has anew 9.1 IP500V2, they have some phones in the warehouse which they have requested outgoing calls barred which I have done via the telephony settings against the user. The customer has now requested the ability to be able access to the system directory and the ability to call these numbers only, is there a way to allow this so they can only dial numbers in system directory and nothing else?

I have checked out the directory overrules barring tick box but this isn't quite what the want.

Thanks

So exactly what do they want?

You say they wanna be able to dial numbers in the directory, and that setting should do that.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Try this...

** Assuming you are using 3-digit extension numbers
1) User >> Telephony >> Supervisor Settings >>> Disable "Outgoing Call Bar"
2) User >> Short codes >> Add >>> Code: XXX | Feature: Barred | Telephone: <Empty>
3) Make sure you have a system Short code setup to allow the User to "Dial Emergency"
4) Test.

The above should allow the User to access the System Directory and call any number from there.
The "Dial Emergency" system Short coded will allow the User to dial a nominated Emergency number.
The XXX = Barred will mean that any other number that is dialed will be barred.
You should still be able to dial Extension numbers and Hunt groups (assuming 3-digits numbers).
Hope this helps.

The XXX shortcode will only bar when dialing 3 digits unless internal, not any number.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Same issue was with me.peoples with ISD and STD facility were able to dial directory numbers but with local and intercom user were not.I putted same numbers in system shortcode like 8201-dial-number-line group id . 8 is common code. it resolved my issue.

only thing is that when user with digital phone and intercom facility cant see entire number but only 8201 but call is get connected.

this also tried in V10 but not fixed

User >> Telephony >> Supervisor Settings >>> Disable "Outgoing Call Bar"

for intercom users try to put numbers in system shortcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back