Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Assistant Hot Key Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbohn1

MIS
Apr 5, 2010
US
The one-X Portal's Call Assistant, supports hot key dialing.

Meaning, I can find any phone number on a website, word, outlook, excel, document and I should be able to highlight the number, then hit a hot-key combination and the number will dial.

Yes, this works, but without dialing a 9 or 9,1 first, the call does not go out through the PBX, you get the message, "Your Call cannot be completed as dialed..... etc."

Now the "issue" as stated in the IP Office 6.1 Release Notes.
...The number selected must be suitable for dialling. For example your telephone system uses an external dialling prefix that must be present in the number. It is not possible to edit the number before the one-X Call Assistant attempts to dial it...

So, is this a useless feature, OR, how can I get a 9 and also a 9 & 1 to "activate" in conjunction with my highlighting of the phone number on the web page, and pressing the hot key combination to make the call.

Saves a whole lot of typing, I discovered by mistake when I forgot it while programming, and I was like "how the he'll is that workin?" :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Indeed it does work.
Although it does not save that much and i rather be save then sorry but i like it :)
I'll bet this is not design intended and it probably stops working in a next version or so :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The docs say to use it like i always have been doing it :)
I think it is a bug.
Just like ip phones register to a second ipo (fallabck) when i reboot the main ipoffice :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I live life on the edge, I will continue to risk it, it's like climbing without a safety rope :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

It's amazing how some Avaya bugs are just like features!

Good for you Andy. You sail close to the wind and then let us know when Avaya break it. ;-)

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back