Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA 48 on a Partner system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I am trying to connect a CA-48 to an ACS 5.0. I am using an Partner 18D euro style phone. I have a hubbel adapter with a power supply.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to connect this unit so it works, i've followed the directions in the ACS manual, nothing works.

any pointers?

Plug the phone into the CA48 out port,then the in port from the CA48 plugs into the jack adapter along with the D8 AC cord from the power supply.

A trusted source for years.

do i have to do this in the order you listed?

i've done this, the phone works, but the autodialer appears dead.

i've put the phone in program mode (ext 10) by doing a Ftr 00. Must I be in Central Tel. Programming to program the Call Assistant?

Otherwise the CA assistant is dead (and I have 2 of them, both dead?)

thanks

Remember that the CA-48 can only be used with Ext. 10 and 11. Check the Hubbell T-adapter, I have run into several that had the stickers reversed, causing me to plug into the wrong ports. Be sure that you are using an 8-C cord from the T-adapter to the CA.

that may be it! because i got no voltage out of the hubbell adapter with my voltmeter, if the stickers are reversed, that would explain it.

I made my own adapter, and I only got the phone to work the CA 48 was dead. I hit Ftr 00 and only the phone lit up, the CA 48 did not light up. I tried to program a speed dial on the CA 48, I hit Ftr 00, then press a spare button on the CA 48, no response. I did the same on the phone and the button lit up.

Do i need to be in Central Tel Prog to get the CA 48 programmed.

the cord I have for the power supply has a blue end and is slotted, the other end is yellow. Only 2 wires are on crimped on the cord.

I am using Ext 10 on an ACS 5.0, 5 slot cabinet, fully loaded.

About the only thing I can think of is that the adapter has it's labels switched as TTT posted, I have seen this many times as well.

A trusted source for years.

yeah that stupid adapter was mislabeled. i purposely did not try swapping the cords because i was afraid that I would damage the unit.

thanks a million.

I know this is an old post... but I just read it and it is close to the problem I have, but I don't have the damn adapter... What pair do you wire it to??

I have the original cables from AT&T/Lucent... out of the power supply, the cable I have (with the blue keyed connector) the power is on the yellow/blk pair... (positions 7 and 8 on the D8W connector...)

What pair do I wire them to on the line cord?? The cord I have from AT&T/lucent is as follows.. (left to right, 1-8)

(GRY-ORG-BLK-RED-GRN-YEL-BLU-BRN)

THANKS!!!

I think your question was answered on the Sundance forum.

Basically, wire 1 and 8 from a jack connected to the power supply to 8 and 1 of the phone's line cord.

Tommy...

You did answer it there... I posted both of these at the same time.. (well, almost the same time!)

THANKS AGAIN for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back