Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bypassing the startup logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

defosset

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
heres my Problem I got a win nt 4.0 system and I cant get past the logon screen, there is no dropdown choice for local machine or administrator and it wont let me past the login box, is there I can reset the password or erase it.

thanks
Nick

Where did you get this machine from? Was it previously on a domain? I presume you either haven't used it before or not for a long time if you don't know password.

A Google search will bring you some suggestions for password resetting tools - or you could just reinstall the operating system (is there anything on the hard drive you need? - if so, you could slave the drive in another machine to retrieve it if necesary).

Get a copy of ERD commander 2000. Then you can change the password in the Locksmith part. I got it from a filesharing client -Marc IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back