Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buttons: "Object variable or With block variable not set" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrusAyers

Programmer
Feb 4, 2004
US
When i try to assign a bmp to a button it get this error: "Object variable or With block variable not set"

What does this mean, gurus? :D

Suggest you post the code thats causing the error. That will provide more info to allow the problem to be resolved.

Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Well, thats the problem. It is under the command button's properties, to change the picture, when I click the [...] There is no code involved that I can get at :(

Ill say that it only seems to be a problem on one of my tab pages. It is on a main form that has a sub form on that tab... Anyone seen this before? It seems to come and go, but now its back and wont go!

I have had the same problem. The problem stems from trying to edit a subform in design view. It would seem as though Access doesnt instantiate its subform objects consistently in design view.

The solution is to open the subform that you are trying to edit individually (not rendered as a subform in your main form)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back