Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Busy Out & Release Station ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJR

Technical User
Aug 29, 2007
US
We have recently upgraded from a G3R to a S8720-013-01.2.632.1 and I need to busy-out and release a station but when I type the busy-out command the only option given is MIS.

Is the busy-out release feature not used on the S8700 switches?

Thanks

it means you dont have your maint permissions turned on.

You may need the higher craft login to do this.

Had the same thing myself once.

lever

Does Avaya have to turn on the maint. permissions?

Is the maint permission turned off and on at the Login Admin page?

no, its done on the system customer options page

Under which page? I cannot find anything that says enable maintenance permission under the change System Parameters Customer Features command.

THANKS

display sys cust", on a CM 4.0.1 switch:

Page 3: bottom right: "DS1 MSP?"
Page 5: top right: "Station and Trunk MSP?"

From what I remember, you need AVAYA maintenance to have AVAYA enable these for you. Or you need to make friends with your AVAYA Business Partner. The "dadmin" login can busy/release without MSP's.

Mitch

Both DS1 MSP & Station & Trunk MSP are both set to No.

I did a list login and there is no dadmin login listed

This is a new S8700 recently installed in April 07 we had it installed by an Avaya Business Partner and I have called them.

Is the maintenance permissions usually turned on and standard for a new install and should they have given us the craft or dadmin password?

Or is this another feature that just cost more $$.

the customer login will not be able to "see' the dadmin login, or other service logins, but trust me, they are there.

MSPs are ALWAYS turned OFF, like I said, to get them on you must have an AVAYA Maint. Comtract, and pay a minimal fee to get them on. The Maint contact will NOT be a minimal fee :(

No, the business partner is NEVER supposed to give out the dadmin login/pw. That's why I suggested you make friends with them, so they will help you out once in a while.

you could always try the default dadmin login and pw..
dadmin/dadmin1

sometimes they don't change it...

The dadmin/dadmin1 password did not work but we have a call out with the company that we have a maintenance contract with. Below is the problem I am having maybe someone has had this issue before and can advise or help.

I have a phone that fast busy’s whenever you try and dial any number. The problem is we don’t have maintenance permissions to I can’t busy out and release the station.

• I have status the phone and it shows in service/on hook.
• The phone is ported and I tried to remove the station but it says object in use try later.
• You can dial the station and it rings works fine
• There is a bridged appearance on the phone that works and dials when on that line. (Currently the only way that calls can be made on that phone)

THANKS

Check the COR and also sta sta to make sure it is not turned off on User control restriction or group control restriction.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

COR is set to the same as all the other phones. Both control restriction or group control restriction are set to none.

Another item to look at is the command "change permissions". Keep in mind that you can not change the permissions of the login that you're in with.

From the Command Permission Catagory Screen- At the Maintain Enhanced DS1 I put a Y instead of N but when I hit enter it says DS1 MSP Feature not assigned?

one thing i notice is that you cannot remove the station if there are bridged appearances on it.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back