Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building dmi pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 1, 2001
GB
ive got a abit vh6t motherboard and on boot up it always states "building dmi pool." and then goes no further.
i cant access any drives, so flashing bios is out and ive clear cmos, but did nothing and cant find any dmi related items in bios that can be disabled etc.

Anyone got any ideas.

Cheers in advance guys [wink]

If you have cleared the CMOS then unplug all cards except your video card and try starting from a floppy disk. If that works reinstall one card at a time till the offending card is identified.

Forgot to mention but a bad CPU could also cause this problem.

Hmmm done all those things, ive had this problem before on another computer, and it was indeed the cpu but this ones really got me stumped. Any other ideas?

At this link:
I found:
"Go into the BIOS and clear the DMI eventlog.
Set the DMI event logging to DISABLED, save the BIOS settings and exit. Once the system has passed the glitch and booted into windows, restart the system and re-enable the DMI event logging, save & exit. Sorted matey.
Pete (IT Analyst)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back