Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Building a IP-SEC VPN using the IPO R 9.0.3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISTech1

Vendor
Nov 17, 2011
US
I noticed that there is a IP-SEC VPN under the Tunnel section in the R9 IPO. Is this just used to connect a IPO to a VPN or can I create a VPN using the IPO. If so, is there any documentation on it?

Thanks!

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS – SME

He didn't ask that did he?[wink]
I have good and bad experiences with it, it all depends on the internet connection and load of the IPO processor.
Since the introduction of the IpSec feature both have increased a lot since the past so I expect no problems on a IPO 500v2

Encryption / decryption is very processor intensive. I'd try to use a box that is optimised for that (firewall/router) than increase the load by an unknown amount on my call processor.

Right tool for the job rather than compromise on a single one

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks guys,

I was more curious than anything. We do occasionally have a customer that might want to hang a single VPN phone off their system. I appreciate the warning.

Thanks!

You cannot use the build in VPN of the IPO for VPN phones.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

not even for one 9608 phone?

Thanks!

No you can't.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back