Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BST Doorphone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchdoctor99

Technical User
May 12, 2016
CA
I have a question for the Nortel gods on this site. Is it possible to have a BST doorphone ring all the extensions on a CICS ver 7.0 instead of just the first one?

Keep in mind I have minimum experience with Nortel systems. I've spent the last 36 years doing alarm, CCTV, access control, bell sat tv, home/small business phones (no ksu), cable tv, and and OTA antennas.

TIA

John

In Door Phone programming you can point it to only 1 DN, but that can be a hunt group DN too.
In order to have Hunt Groups on a CICS they must be at 3 digit DN's and not 2, (extension # length)

You can also have it do a door chime over the paging.
If you hear the chime then intercom the door phone to speak with the person.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Guess I Have a bit more learning to do about Hunt Groups unless I can use the speakers built into the sets as I'm not going to install paging speakers around my house.

John

Well it took me a few hours of reading through three manuals and playing around with the programming on my ksu, but I finally got it figured out.

Thanks for the ideas. I almost wish I got into phone work instead of alarm work.

John

I went with the answer dn. And yes I do have longer drill bits. I have two flex bits that are 8 ft long[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back