Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsing to switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klees

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
US
We got click happy this morning and when browsing to the switch via IP address the "avaya g350 manager" window now launches... i can not get back to the regular screen. now when i browse to it it pops to a screen saying welcom to the avaya g350 manager" and wants me to load java plug in. Can anyone assist? Its definitely monday!

I wish i could delete this. I figured it out. thanks

You should post what you did. Other people could have the same issue.

Klees was using the wrong IP address. He was using the IP address of the G350, versus the S8300 processor (I am guessing he has an S8300)

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

you are so right! thanks!

Just another question on this...

Anybody been able to connect to the gxxx via IP? is there a default setting for SNMP logins?

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

yes SLoTCMS30, I connect to G250/G350/G450/G700s web pages all the time. When you are installing the system, in the "AIW" (AVAYA Installtion Wizard) you are given a chance to setup the SNMP logins/passwords. There are also command line strings to do it. We typically use (for SNMP V1) "public" for read-only, and "private" for read-write. these are somewhat standard, and are not secure, FYI

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back